Mrs Evelyn Maher > BSP > Luxembourg, Luxembourg > Lawyer Profile
11, rue du Château d’Eau
- Go to...
Mrs Evelyn Maher
Investment Management | Banking, Financial Services | Corporate M&A
- Evelyn is Head of BSP’s Investment Management department.
- She has been active in the Luxembourg investment fund market since 2001 assisting fund promoters and asset managers in relation to the structuring and establishment of a wide range of funds including private equity, venture capital, loan origination, loan participation and real estate.
- She provides advice on compliance with all aspects of the regulatory regime applicable to investment funds and in particular the alternative investment fund managers directive (AIFMD).
- Following launch of the fund Evelyn offers on-going assistance in relation to closings, investments, divestments, liquidation and general issues arising throughout the life of the fund.
- She has also provided assistance in relation to the listing of securities on both the regulated and Euro MTF markets operated by the Luxembourg Stock Exchange.
- She has extensive experience in relation to Luxembourg regulatory and corporate law.
- Admitted to the Luxembourg Bar (list IV), 2009, as a Solicitor in Ireland, 2000.
- University College Cork, Ireland, LL.M., 1997.
- University of Limerick, Ireland, B.A. in Law and European Studies, 1996.
Employing an integrated approach to work in the investment fund sector which draws upon corporate, banking, tax and regulatory expertise, BSP is a popular choice for fund managers in the alternatives space who appreciate its ability to provide a one-stop-shop service in relation to work throughout the entire fund life cycle. Team head Evelyn Maher has ‘an in-depth knowledge of the Luxembourg investment funds regime’, which she deploys to good effect on private equity/venture capital fund formation matters, in particular, as well as on AIFMD-related regulatory matters.