BSP > Luxembourg, Luxembourg > Firm Profile
11, rue du Château d’Eau
BSP > The Legal 500 Rankings
Luxembourg > Tax Tier 1Appreciated by clients, including banks and funds, for its '360-degree tax view of matters', BSP displays 'technical expertise across all aspects of Luxembourg tax and law, and a practical approach to problem-solving'. This all-encompassing expertise is exemplified by 'very experienced' team head Alain Steichen, who as well as standalone advisory and transactional-related work, is also recognised as one of the foremost tax litigators in the country. At counsel level, Daniel Riedel 'has deep knowledge of Luxembourg tax technical issues', and Pol Mellina is 'very strong' in relation to contentious direct and VAT matters.
‘Extensive technical expertise across all aspects of Luxembourg tax and law, excellent commercial awareness and a practical approach to problem-solving.’
‘Experienced and practice-oriented team with good knowledge of current and intended tax trends.’
‘Contrary to many other tax practices splintered into sub-specializations, the continued leadership of Alain Steichen promotes a 360-degree tax view of matters moving seamlessly from VAT to DAC6 through the entire scope of corporate & private client taxation. The team displays excellence in uncommon projects where thinking out of the box is a starting point.’
‘Clarity of thinking and communication, excellent interpersonal skills across the team, commercial awareness, efficient and cost-effective .’
‘Alan Steichen is very experienced.’
‘Daniel Riedel is very reactive and has deep knowledge of Luxembourg tax technical issues.’
‘Pol Mellina is very strong.’
‘Gaelle Felly is very responsive and always provides very clear advice.’
Global Infrastructure Partners
Cromwell Property Group
JR AMC Co. Limited
Committee of Lenders (EQT, Lodbrok, Morgan Stanley and CI Investments) – Skillsoft
Committee of Unsecured Creditors of Intelsat S.A. et al.
- Acted as sole Luxembourg advisor to Global Infrastructure Partners’ (GIP) latest credit fund (Spectrum Fund) in a loan granted by GIP affiliated funds to Saavi Energia.
- Advised the pharmaceutical company Takeda on the application of the Luxembourg-Denmark double tax treaty and the eligibility of the Luxembourg SICAR to the benefits available under the Interest Royalties Directive.
- Advised Goldman Sachs on the Luxembourg legal and tax aspects (including transfer pricing) related to the acquisition, financing and syndication through a Luxembourg holding structure of the UK publicly-listed smart meter company Calisen Plc.
‘The approachable team provides reliable, responsive and commercial advice.’
‘I only work with the capital markets practice. It is very solutions-oriented and works very closely with the clients.’
‘The team has very good knowledge of financial services regulation.’
‘Pierre-Alexandre Degehet is very knowledgeable, hands-on and proactive.’
‘The excellent Nuala Doyle is highly commercial and has a great understanding of what is important to funds and other sophisticated market players.’
ADLER Group S.A. (formerly ADO Properties S.A.)
Goldman Sachs International
ACREFI Mortgage Lending, LLC
VTB Bank (PJSC)
IVS Group SA
LLC Sberbank Investments
B2Kapital Holding S.à r.l.
Novus Capital Luxembourg S.A. (SPV set up by Nomura)
Corestate Capital Holding S.A.
Kartesia Management S.A.
Oaktree Capital Management
IFU – Investment Fund for Developing Countries
Royal Bank of Canada
Solutions 30 SE
- Advised Royal Bank of Canada on a loan provided to the Luxembourg subsidiary of Morgan Stanley Real Estate Fund (MSREF) for the partial refinancing of MSREF’s loan obtained for the purposes of the acquisition of office space in Cambridge Science Park.
- Advised ADLER Group S.A. as exclusive Luxembourg counsel in its major M&A activities in the first half of 2020 and on all Luxembourg aspects of its manifold refinancing efforts resulting in a substantial reduction of the company’s average cost of debt and maturity, while at the same time also lowering its LTV.
- Advised Oaktree Capital on the financing they have provided to the Luxembourg holding company of the Italian football club Inter Milan, for the purpose of financing its cash flow needs created due to the global pandemic.
Other key lawyers:
‘The team displays technical expertise, communicates well with the client and is efficient.’
‘Excellent interpersonal skills, practical and efficient advice provided in a timely manner.’
‘Michael Kitai is an appreciated contributor who is fully dedicated to his clients and does his best to meet their needs.’
Global Infrastructure Partners
Biotoscana Investments SA
Global Infrastructure Partners
Biotoscana Investments SA
- Advised Advent on the Luxembourg part of its equity financing, and the joint-venture debt financing relating to its acquisition, along with Cinven Partners, of the ThyssenKrupp elevator technology business.
- Advised Goldman Sachs on the acquisition of the Blanchardstown Centre in Dublin, which is Ireland’s largest shopping centre, from Blackstone.
- Advised Global Infrastructure Partners on Luxembourg law on the $325m secured term loan for Saavi Energia, the fourth largest independent power producer and the largest privately held stand-alone power generator in Mexico.
‘Bonn Steichen & Partners is a highly experienced business litigation law firm. It brings a very practically sound approach to its cases.’
‘The team is very experienced and client minded. In particular, they are able to translate Luxembourg procedural issues and court proceedings for foreign parties. They are also experienced in cross-border litigation and arbitration related court proceedings. In addition, they are experts in criminal law, in particular in relation to money laundering.’
‘The dispute resolution team is very practical. Their experience in courts often makes it very clear what to expect in the litigation environment in Luxembourg, as well as the most practical ways to obtain good results.’
‘An excellent team used to dealing with international cross-border cases. Great at handling detail and managing deadlines, with a practical and calm approach to even the most testing litigation.’
‘This firm is a pleasure to work with: a) depth and capability for contentious work; b) excellent communication skills and turn around of work under pressure; c) thinking “outside the box” and coming up with innovative, speedy solutions for complex legal and procedural hurdles; d) value for money.’
‘The very hands on Fabio Trevisan is an amazing litigator.’
‘Fabio Trevisan and Laure-Helene Gaico-Fievez are exceptional. Fabio has an encyclopaedic knowledge of the law and knows the legal fraternity extremely well. Laure-Helene does not miss any aspect of the detail, works tremendously hard and her communication skills are superb. Both these lawyers are outstanding and you want them on your side in contentious matters.’
‘I work closely with Fabio Trevisan and Laure-Helène Gaicio. Both are outstanding experts of procedure and arbitration, as well as criminal law. Very reliable and thorough’
Norax Green Capital
JSC BTA Bank
Ansdell Asset Tracing
Kasakstahn – olygarque
Luxembourg > Employment Tier 2BSP provides ‘practical and pragmatic guidance’ to an employer-focused client base across a range of advisory, transactional-related and contentious matters, often with a multi-jurisdictional angle. ‘Very responsive and client-friendly’ team head Anne Morel ‘provides insight into best market practices’ and as part of her broad practice regularly handles litigation relating to discrimination, terminations and non-compete violations.
‘The impressive employment practice is very proactive in terms of updates and information which we can pass onto our client contacts.’
‘They provide practical and pragmatic guidance with a good understanding of the commercial imperatives.’
‘Anne Morel is very responsive and client friendly. She really knows her stuff.’
‘Anne Morel has a good understanding of our business and the challenges we have had over the last few years and has helped us to achieve pragmatic business outcomes.’
‘Anne Morel is really hands on and provides insight into best market practices (and not only legal views).’
Luxembourg > Private equity Tier 2Led by Linda Harroch, BSP has a strong reputation in the private equity space, as a result of its ability to provide ‘practical, focused and comprehensive advice‘. Active on the debt financing and corporate structuring front, Harroch has a versatile practice and continues to handle a significant volume of work for core client Advent International.
Other key lawyers:
‘Practical, focused and comprehensive advice delivered efficiently and with excellent client focus.’
‘Partner availability, efficiency, commercial awareness and industry experience.’
Global Infrastructure Partners
Biotoscana Investments SA (listed company)
- Advised Advent on the Luxembourg part of (i) its equity financing, and (ii) the Luxembourg part of the joint venture debt financing, as to the acquisition by Advent and Cinven Partners in July 2020 of the ThyssenKrupp elevator technology business.
- Advised Goldman Sachs on the acquisition of the Blanchardstown Centre in Dublin from Blackstone.
- Advised Global Infrastructure Partners on the Luxembourg law aspects as part of GIP Spectrum Fund, L.P, along with its affiliates and coinvestors, in the $325m Secured Term Loan for Saavi Energia, the fourth largest independent power producer and the largest privately held stand-alone power generator in Mexico.
‘The highly professional team is able to guide clients through the entire process of Luxembourg fund establishment.’
‘Evelyn Maher is great to work with.’
Ver Capital SGR
- Advised Ver Capital SGR on the establishment of a specialised investment fund (SIF) for investment in senior loans/bonds issued by SMEs and small mid-cap enterprises established or mainly operating in Italy and, on a residual basis, in France and Germany.
- Assisted Cromwell Luxembourg regarding the establishment of a fund, managed by Cromwell’s Luxembourg Alternative Investment Fund Manager (AIFM), for investment in real estate in Italy.
BSP > Firm Profile
BSP is an independent full-service law firm based in Luxembourg.
We are committed to providing the best legal services to our domestic and international clients in all aspects of Luxembourg business law.
Talented and multilingual, our teams of lawyers work side by side with our clients to help them reach their objectives and support them with tailor-made legal advice, creating in the process professional relationships based on mutual trust and respect.
Our lawyers have developed particular expertise in banking and finance, capital markets, corporate law, dispute resolution, employment law, investment funds, intellectual property, private wealth, real estate and tax. In these practice areas, as in others, our know-how, our ability to work in cross-practice teams and to swiftly adapt to new laws and regulations allow us to provide to our clients timely and integrated legal assistance vital to the success of their business.
Building on the synergy of our different professional experiences and the richness of our diverse cultural background, we stand ready to meet our clients’ legal needs, no matter how challenging they are.
For more information please browse through our site or contact us at email@example.com.
|Bank Lending, Structured Finance & Securitisation||Laurent Lazardfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Banking & Financial Services||Laurent Lazardemail@example.com|
|Capital Markets||Laurent Lazardfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Corporate and M&A||Laurent Lazardemail@example.com|
|Insolvency & Restructuring||Laurent Lazardfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Banking & Financial Services||Jean Steffenemail@example.com|
|Corporate and M&A||Jean Steffenfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Private Equity||Jean Steffenemail@example.com|
|Banking & Financial Services||Pierre-Alexandre Degehetfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Capital Markets||Pierre-Alexandre Degehetemail@example.com|
|Corporate and M&A||Pierre-Alexandre Degehetfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Startup & Fintech||Pierre-Alexandre Degehetemail@example.com|
|AML Compliance||Anne Morelfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Data Protection & Privacy||Anne Morelemail@example.com|
|Employment, Compensations & Benefits||Anne Morelfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Intellectual Property & General Commercial||Anne Morelemail@example.com|
|Insolvency & Restructuring||Fabio Trevisanfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Private Wealth & Business Planning||Fabio Trevisanemail@example.com|
|Real Estate & Construction||Fabio Trevisanfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Bank Lending, Structured Finance & Securitisation||Linda Harrochemail@example.com|
|Corporate and M&A||Linda Harrochfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Insolvency & Restructuring||Linda Harrochemail@example.com|
|Private Equity||Linda Harrochfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Real Estate & Construction||Linda Harrochemail@example.com|
|Banking & Financial Services||Evelyn Maherfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Investment Management||Evelyn Maheremail@example.com|
|Banking & Financial Services||Alain Steichenfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Corporate and M&A||Alain Steichenemail@example.com|
|Private Equity||Alain Steichenfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Private Wealth & Business Planning||Alain Steichenemail@example.com|
|Banking & Financial Services||Nuala Doylefirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Bank Lending, Structured Finance & Securitisation||Nuala Doyleemail@example.com|
|Capital Markets||Nuala Doylefirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Real Estate & Construction||Laure-Helene Gaicioemail@example.com|
|Corporate and M&A||Christèle Pierre-Alexandrefirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Insolvency & Restructuring||Christèle Pierre-Alexandreemail@example.com|
|Private Equity||Christèle Pierre-Alexandrefirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Private Wealth & Business Planning||Christèle Pierre-Alexandreemail@example.com|
|Private Wealth & Business Planning||Gaëlle Fellyfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Private Equity||Michaël Kitaiemail@example.com|
|Intellectual Property & General Commercial||Michaël Kitaifirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Real Estate & Construction||Michaël Kitaiemail@example.com|
|Corporate and M&A||Michaël Kitaifirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Corporate and M&A||Cécile Jageremail@example.com|
|Private Wealth & Business Planning||Cécile Jagerfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Investment Management||Isabel Høg-Jensenemail@example.com|
|Corporate and M&A||Pol Mellinafirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Private Wealth & Business Planning||Pol Mellinaemail@example.com|
|Private Equity||Pol Mellinafirstname.lastname@example.org|