Joe Lewis > Gardner Leader LLP > Swindon, England > Lawyer Profile
Gardner Leader LLP Offices
- Go to...
Joe is a Partner in the Corporate Commercial Team.
He trained and qualified at an international firm in London and practised there for over a decade, and guides entrepreneurs and corporate clients through their transactions across a variety of sectors, including real estate finance, technology and private investment. He has been a specialist corporate lawyer for over 20 years, advising on all aspects of private company and business sales and acquisitions, joint ventures, shareholders’ agreements, reorganisations and corporate governance. He is particularly experienced in public M&A, having acted on many takeovers, schemes of arrangement and AIM flotations. Joe spent almost a year on secondment to Hilton Group, gaining an insight into the priorities and requirements of in-house legal teams, which has informed how he works with his clients since.
- Advising the founders and management team on a £17.6m private equity backed MBO
- Advising the founder and shareholders of a leading 1-click customer survey business to Exclaimer
- Advising employee engagement platform WorkBuzz on an equity investment by the Midlands Engine Investment Fund and private investors
- Advising on the vendor initiated management buyout of a construction project management and cost concultancy
South West > Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Gloucestershire, Somerset and Wiltshire
Valued by clients for its ‘excellent service and significant expertise’, Gardner Leader LLP merged with Clark Holt in August 2021, expanding the Swindon-based team’s corporate and commercial law offering. The practice is frequently instructed on corporate transactions, where Joe Lewis leads a group handling acquisitions, disposals and management buyouts, with additional expertise in standalone and pre-sale restructurings. Jeff Jenkins is another name to note on the corporate side. Peter James is the key partner for commercial work, assisting with drafting business-to-business and business-to-customer contracts. M&A specialist Philip Humphreys leads the overall business group.
- Corporate and commercial: Gloucestershire, Somerset and Wiltshire - South West > Corporate and commercial