Philip Humphreys > Gardner Leader LLP > Swindon, England > Lawyer Profile
Gardner Leader LLP Offices
- Go to...
Philip is a Partner and Team Leader in the Corporate Commercial Team.
He is a transactional M&A lawyer with over 30 years’ extensive corporate experience, acting mainly for sellers on share and asset deals. He also specialises in management buy-outs, joint ventures and reorganisations and increasingly is relied on by clients for overall strategic and commercial advice. He works with a mixture of regional, national and international clients.
He is frequently recommended as a key individual in Legal 500 and Chambers and Partners, the two main independent legal guides: “He is very pragmatic and solution-driven; he always comes up with viable and workable solutions.” “He’s excellent; he’s highly commercial, very strong technically and has a very calm manner.”
- Acting for the management team in a £12.75m private equity funded management buy-out of veterinary training business, Improve International Limited, from its listed parent company.
- Acting as legal advisers to the shareholders of Absolute Antibody Ltd (UK) and its sister company Kerafast on their sale to LSBio (USA).
- Advised the shareholders of Outsource UK Limited, one of the largest independent recruitment companies in the UK, on its management buy-out.
- Advising the shareholders of leading protective packaging specialists, GWP Holdings Limited, on their sale to Macfarlane Group Limited (a wholly owned subsidiary of listed-company Macfarlane Group PLC for up to £15.1million, plus around £3 million of net assets.
South West > Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Gloucestershire, Somerset and Wiltshire
Valued by clients for its ‘excellent service and significant expertise’, Gardner Leader LLP merged with Clark Holt in August 2021, expanding the Swindon-based team’s corporate and commercial law offering. The practice is frequently instructed on corporate transactions, where Joe Lewis leads a group handling acquisitions, disposals and management buyouts, with additional expertise in standalone and pre-sale restructurings. Jeff Jenkins is another name to note on the corporate side. Peter James is the key partner for commercial work, assisting with drafting business-to-business and business-to-customer contracts. M&A specialist Philip Humphreys leads the overall business group.
South East > Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Thames Valley, Berks, Oxon, M4/M40
Philip Humphreys leads the corporate team at Gardner Leader LLP, focusing predominantly on share and asset deals for vendors, whereas Peter James, head of the commercial side, primarily advises clients in the IT sector. The firm recently merged with Clark Holt, further bolstering its strength in corporate, commercial, and real estate matters.
- Corporate and commercial: Gloucestershire, Somerset and Wiltshire - South West > Corporate and commercial