Mr Romain Viret > LPA-CGR avocats > Paris, France > Lawyer Profile
LPA-CGR avocats Offices
136 AVENUE DES CHAMPS-ELYSÉES
- Go to...
Mr Romain Viret
Counsel specialized in Industrial Property and in particular in patent law.
For nearly 15 years, Romain has developed extensive experience in Industrial Property (patent, trademark and design), with a focus on patent litigation.
He advises and assists French and international companies, in particular in the pharmaceutical, telecommunications and distribution sectors, in the protection, defense and enhancement of their intangible assets and mainly their patents. He is also involved in the IP aspects of M&A and private equity transactions.
Romain holds a post-graduate degree (DESS) in multimedia and IT law and a post-graduate degree (DEA) in literary, artistic and industrial property law from the Université Panthéon Assas / Paris II, as well as an LL.M. in intellectual property from University College London.
He subsequently practiced in several leading Anglo-Saxon law firms, including Magic Circle ones. He is also a lecturer in the Advanced Post Master, Research and Valorisation of IP program at the University of Poitiers.
- Member of the AIPPI (International Association for the Protection of Intellectual Property)
- Member of INTA (International Trademark Association)
- Member of the APRAM (Association of Trade Mark and Design Law Practitioners)
- Member of the LES (Licensing Executives Society)
- Member of APEB (Association of European Patent Practitioners)
- Member of AIDV (International Association of Vine and Wine Lawyers)
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Industry focus: Energy
- Industry focus: IT and internet
- Real estate
- Administrative and public law
- Intellectual property: Copyright
- Banking and finance: transactional work
- Dispute resolution: Commercial litigation
- Dispute resolution: White-collar crime
- Intellectual property: Trade marks and designs
- Mergers and acquisitions