Javier Rubio Sanz > Uría Menéndez > Madrid, Spain > Lawyer Profile
Uría Menéndez Offices
PRÍNCIPE DE VERGARA 187
PLAZA RODRÍGUEZ URÍA
- Go to...
Javier Rubio Sanz
Insolvency and Financial Distress M&A
Javier Rubio joined Uría Menendez in 2007 and is a lawyer in the Corporate and Commercial Practice Area of Uría Menéndez’s Madrid office. He is an honorary contributor to the Commercial Law Department of the Universidad Complutense de Madrid.
He was seconded to the Corporate – M&A Department of Slaughter and May ‘s London office from September 2014 to March 2015.
Javier has extensive experience advising national and international companies and groups on insolvency proceedings and debt restructuring, representing both borrowers and creditors.
His main practice focuses, among other areas, on the negotiation and approval of homologated refinancing agreements and judicial composition agreements, as well as on the purchase and subsequent recovery of NPL portfolios. In addition to his experience in litigation, such as the defense of claw back actions, Javier has also advised on M&A operations, particularly on the purchase of assets and businesses during insolvency proceedings.
- Madrid Bar Association
- Turnaround Management Association Spain
- Law Degree, Universidad Autónoma de Madrid, Madrid, 2006
- Business Administration Degree, Universidad Autónoma de Madrid, Madrid, 2006
- Master’s Degree in Business Law, Universidad Autónoma de Madrid, Madrid, 2010
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Banking and finance
- Capital markets: Debt
- Capital markets: Equity
- Commercial, corporate and M&A
- Dispute resolution
- EU and competition
- Industry focus: Food
- Industry focus: Healthcare and life sciences
- Industry focus: Manufacturing
- Industry focus: Retail
- Industry focus: TMT
- Intellectual property: patents
- Private equity
- Public law
- Real estate and construction
- Restructuring and insolvency
- White-collar crime