Mr Pascal Vanden Borre > Stibbe > Brussels, Belgium > Lawyer Profile
LOKSUMSTRAAT 25/ RUE DE LOXUM 25
- Go to...
Mr Pascal Vanden Borre
Corporate and M&A, Investment Funds, Investment Management, Private Equity
Pascal Vanden Borre specialises in corporate law, particularly in mergers and acquisitions, public offerings and takeover bids, joint ventures, ECM transactions, and corporate finance.
Pascal’s work includes assisting clients in the acquisition or sale of large and medium-sized (private and listed) Belgian and foreign companies, IPOs, secondary offerings and delistings, capital and debt restructuring transactions, the creation of real estate investment trusts, and the issuance of real estate certificates.
Dutch, French, English.
- Member of the Financial Law Institute of Ghent University
- Graduated in Law from Ghent University (1992)
- Admitted to the Brussels Bar in 1992
- Graduated in Economic and Financial Law from the Université libre de Bruxelles (1994)
- Lawyer in the Brussels, New York and Antwerp offices of a global law firm (1995–2005)
- With the Brussels office of Stibbe since 2006 (Partner since 2006)
- Guest professor at the Faculty of Law of Ghent University (2009–present)
Stibbe‘s multi-disciplinary offering benefits from ‘a lot of expertise‘ in life and non-life, property and group insurance matters, as well as in strategic reinsurance advice. Department head and disputes specialist Oliver Stevens is ‘very experienced and knows how to deal with large companies‘, while clients also recognise associate Sophie Bourgois as ‘a strong professional delivering high-quality work‘, particularly in relation to major property, liability and credit losses. Corporate experts Jan Peeters and Pascal Vanden Borre extend the practice’s scope to cover acquisitions, insurer and reinsurer sales, and portfolio transfers.
Stibbe undertakes domestic and cross-border corporate transactions for clients such as private equity and venture capital firms, financial institutions, multinational corporates and listed Belgian companies. The firm is one of the most active in Belgium for M&A and it is also sought out for advice on corporate restructurings, joint ventures, foreign direct investments, corporate governance and corporate finance transactions. In 2019, Jan Peeters advised Kinepolis on the acquisitions of US cinema chain MJR Digital and Netherlands-based company Arcaplex Spijkenisse BV. The team, which is led by Stefan Odeurs, also includes Dries Hommez, Pascal Vanden Borre and Jan Bogaert.
Stibbe‘s practice is led by Wouter Ghijsels, who is ‘a hands-on lawyer with a good understanding of the business‘. The ‘pragmatic‘ team reports an uptick in direct lending mandates and financial restructuring matters, and has also been kept busy in the capital markets space handling instructions from biotech and REIT entities. Jan Peeters and Pascal Vanden Borre are recommended for their expertise in IPOs and other equity capital markets matters. Senior associate Pieter Nobels is experienced in debt capital markets matters, as well as real estate finance and acquisition finance transactions.
- Hall of Fame - Belgium > Commercial, corporate and M&A
- Leading individuals - Belgium > Commercial, corporate and M&A
- Banking, finance and capital markets - Belgium
- Commercial, corporate and M&A - Belgium
- Insurance - Belgium
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Competition: Belgian law
- Dispute resolution
- Fraud and white-collar crime
- Industry focus: Food
- Industry focus: IT and telecoms
- Intellectual property
- Real estate and construction