Mr Jan Peeters > Stibbe > Brussels, Belgium > Lawyer Profile
LOKSUMSTRAAT 25/ RUE DE LOXUM 25
- Go to...
Mr Jan Peeters
Corporate & Finance; Capital Markets, Corporate and M&A, Insurance and Reinsurance, Investment Funds, Investment Management
Jan Peeters’ main areas of expertise are mergers and acquisitions, capital market operations, corporate finance, and venture capital transactions. Jan is also specialised in banking and financial regulatory law.
Jan specialises in mergers and acquisitions (of both public and private companies), capital market operations (IPOs, public takeover bids, and public-to-private transactions), corporate finance, and venture capital transactions. In addition, he is active in the regulation of activities of domestic and foreign credit institutions, investment firms, and insurance companies active in Belgium.
Dutch, French, English,; German
- Deputy programme coordinator (officer) of the Inter-Pacific Bar Association (IPBA)
- Officer of the Securities Law Committee of the International Bar Association (IBA)
- Former Chair of the Banking, Finance, and Securities Committee of the Inter-Pacific Bar Association (IPBA)
- Graduated in Law from the University of Antwerp (1986)
- Master of Laws (LL.M.) from the University of California, Berkeley School of Law, United States (1987)
- Admitted to the Brussels Bar in 1987
- With the Brussels office of Stibbe since 1987 (Partner since 1996)
- Managing Partner of the Brussels office of Stibbe (2011–2018)
Stibbe advises financial services clients on digital platform and regulatory considerations, with expertise in projects relating to outsourcing, cloud computing, and AI, alongside innovative work in the crypto space on non-fungible tokens. The firm’s regulatory expertise includes MiFID and PSDII issues, data protection, and ICOs. The practice is headed up by Erik Valgaeren, who is focused on IT projects and platforms for the financial services sector. Jan Peeters specialises in financial services regulatory issues.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Competition: Belgian law
- Dispute resolution
- Fraud and white-collar crime
- Industry focus: Food
- Industry focus: IT and telecoms
- Industry focus: Media and entertainment
- Intellectual property
- Real estate and construction