Lowri Phillips > Geldards LLP > Cardiff, Wales > Lawyer Profile
Geldards LLP Offices
Capital Quarter No.4
- Go to...
Lowri is a Partner in the Employment Department with over 20 years’ knowledge and hands-on experience of all aspects of employment law. She is a trusted adviser to some of the firm’s large commercial clients. Lowri’s role is to steer organisations through the complex world of employment law whilst providing practical solutions to difficult HR issues. Lowri also advises the public and third sector on both contentious and non-contentious employment matters. She is the Head of the Information Law team and advises in connection with GDPR compliance and all aspects of data protection law and freedom of information.
Lowri enjoys dealing with tricky HR issues such as disciplinary and grievance matters, interpreting terms of employment and managing redundancy exercises. One of Lowri’s main areas of expertise is handling complex and high-value litigation, such as whistleblowing, discrimination and equal pay claims. An example of this is her leadership of a team advising an international bank on a multi-million-pound claim for whistleblowing. More recently she has been responsible for managing the defence of multiple equal pay claims for Local Authorities across Wales and in England. Lowri is also a renowned expert in information law and has trained clients and fellow practitioners on compliance with the GDPR. Lowri advises on all aspects data protection compliance, which includes dealing with employee data breaches and complex subject access requests from employees.
Lawyer Rankings(Leading individuals)
Now headed by the ‘highly knowledgeable‘ Lowri Phillips following the recent retirement of Kim Howells, Geldards LLP provides ‘responsive, pragmatic and solutions-oriented‘ advice to private, public and third sector clients across a myriad contentious and non-contentious employment matters. ‘Combining pragmatism and precision’, Phillips is ‘able to advise across a range of topics and provide insight into current thinking’, including to a growing number of financial services clients which she advises on issues including the Senior Manager Regime. Recognised as a ‘master tactician‘, Joga Singh is also well regarded by private sector clients, including in the context of tribunal work, and a growing amount of instructions relating to business immigration matters. The ‘exceptional’ Helen Snow was recently made up to partner in January 2022 alongside Singh, a reflection of her expertise at handling complex public sector-related employment matters, including a niche specialism advising on agricultural worker employment issues in Wales.
- Leading individuals - Wales > Employment > Employment: Recommended Firms
- Employment: Recommended Firms - Wales > Employment
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Real estate > Planning and environment
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Public sector
- Real estate > Commercial property
- Real estate > Construction
- Corporate and commercial
- Employment > Employment: Recommended Firms
- Private client > Family
- Insurance > Personal injury and clinical negligence; claimant
- Insurance > Personal injury and clinical negligence; defendant
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Real estate > Social housing
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport