Joga Singh > Geldards LLP > Cardiff, Wales > Lawyer Profile
Geldards LLP Offices
Capital Quarter No.4
- Go to...
Joga is an experienced employment and immigration lawyer who has extensive experience in providing strategic advice in complex employment law, immigration and HR matters. Joga has a wealth of experience in tribunal litigation and regularly appears in the Employment Tribunal defending all types of claims, from single day hearings for unfair dismissal claims to multi-day hearings for complex, high value claims, such as discrimination and whistleblowing. Joga’s diverse client base includes national employers from a variety of sectors, including fintech, insurance, retail, manufacturing, life science and healthcare. Joga also acts for local authorities and governmental departments.
Joga acts for clients in contentious and non-contentious matters providing advice on all aspects of employment law. He specialises in providing advice on TUPE, business restructure, collective consultation, redundancy, contractual disputes, enforceability of restrictive covenants, complex high-value industrial action, discrimination, workplace disputes and performance management. Joga also advises on employment law issues relating to corporate mergers and acquisitions. With regards to immigration law, Joga advises clients in relating to obtaining a sponsorship licence and ongoing compliance with the sponsor requirements. He also delivers bespoke training sessions on a variety of employment law and HR issues.
Lawyer Rankings(Rising stars)
Led by ‘brilliant tactician’ Kim Howell, Geldards LLP‘s ‘able and likeable’ five-strong team can ‘draw from a wide range of experience’, garnered from many years’ advising private, public and third sector clients across a myriad contentious and non-contentious employment matters. Howell has gained particular market recognition for her work on behalf of local authorities and central government across the waterfront of strategic employment issues, including on high level disciplinary issues and equal pay. The ‘pragmatic and supportive‘ Lowri Phillips also regularly acts for the firm’s public sector clients, although she balances this work with a vibrant offering for private sector employers, which she advises on equal pay, whistle blowing and data protection, among other matters. ‘Extremely well-informed and helpful’ senior associate Joga Singh continues to enhance his reputation on the contentious front as a result of some impressive work for clients before the Employment Tribunal.
- Employment: Recommended Firms - Wales > Employment
- Rising stars - Wales > Employment > Employment: Recommended Firms
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation
- Employment > Employment: Recommended Firms
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Real estate > Planning and environment
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Public sector
- Real estate > Commercial property
- Real estate > Construction
- Corporate and commercial
- Private client > Family
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Real estate > Social housing
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport
- Insurance > Personal injury and clinical negligence; claimant
- Insurance > Personal injury and clinical negligence; defendant