David Watson > Geldards LLP > Nottingham, England > Lawyer Profile
Geldards LLP Offices
- Go to...
David leads the Nottingham property team and has extensive experience in a broad range of property transactional work. He acts for numerous regional commercial and residential property developers in relation to site assembly, development and disposal, and has been involved in a number of regionally important development projects.
David manages the team’s lease renewal group, a multi-disciplinary team which provides a dedicated and highly cost-effective service, and which has generated significant cost savings for clients in recent years. Those clients include Boots UK Limited and associated companies (which have a portfolio of 3,000 plus properties) and the Eurocell group of companies.
David also advises a number of local and regional investors in relation to portfolio acquisitions and disposals, and other portfolio management transactions.
Lawyer Rankings(Leading individuals)
As one of the few firms with offices in Nottingham and Derby, Geldards LLP has a strong presence in the local market and is often instructed to advise on complex and significant development and regeneration projects in the two cities. The group has close relationships with a number of local authorities, and in 2020 Tiffany Cloynes assisted both Derby City Council and Derbyshire County Council on key projects. Cloynes leads the public sector team, while ‘excellent communicator‘ Heather Dixon focuses on commercial and residential development, alongside Nottingham property head David Watson and Derby head Graham Banks. In addition, the practice is highly regarded for its work with network utilities companies; Jamie Gordon leads the team, which provides property services to electricity distributors and gas transporters.
Geldards LLP houses an extensive range of expertise within its banking team and is able to advise lender banks as well as borrower companies and individuals on refinancings, real estate finance work and management buy outs, particularly in the health and franchising sectors. Public sector financing work is one of the firm’s niche areas of knowledge; the team, led by Jenny Chatten and David Watson, work with key local clients including Derby City Council and Nottinghamshire Country Council on transactions of significant importance to the development of the local area.
- Commercial property: Nottingham and Derby - East Midlands > Real estate
- Leading individuals - East Midlands > Real estate > Commercial property: Nottingham and Derby
- Banking and finance - East Midlands > Finance
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Nottingham and Derby
- Real estate > Commercial property: Nottingham and Derby
- Private client > Family
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Real estate > Construction
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Nottingham and Derby
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Public sector > Public sector
- Employment > Employment
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms