David Watson > Geldards LLP > Nottingham, England > Lawyer Profile
Geldards LLP Offices
- Go to...
David leads the real estate team at Geldards’ Nottingham office, and has long experience of a broad range of commercial real estate transactional work. He acts for a number of regional commercial and residential property developers in relation to site assembly, acquisition, development and disposal, and has been involved in a number of regionally important development projects during the last few years. Highlights include:
- acting for Cedar House Investments Limited in relation to the acquisition, development and sale of Clifton Triangle Retail Park in Nottingham and Waterside Retail Park in Ashbourne, Derbyshire;
- acting for Nottingham College in connection with its new £60m “Skills Hub” in Nottingham, a development at the forefront of the city’s Southside regeneration scheme;
- acting for BioCity in connection with the development of its iconic “Discovery Building”, a new incubator for life science businesses in Nottingham.
David manages the team’s innovative lease renewal group, a multi-disciplinary team which provides a dedicated and highly cost effective service, and which has generated significant cost savings for clients in recent years. Those clients include Walgreen Boots Alliance (which has a portfolio of 3000+ properties) and the Eurocell group of companies. He also leads Geldards’ well-respected property finance team in the Midlands, which is regularly instructed by the major lending banks.
David’s advises a number of local and regional investors in relation to portfolio acquisitions and disposals and other portfolio management transactions.
Clients describe David as ‘very considered and pragmatic…he tries to find solutions, not problems’. He and his team are described as ‘a dedicated team with a total focus on the client’s requirement. I’ve never had cause to suspect any hint of a let-up in the push to improve results. Easy and rapid access to specialists.’
Geldards LLP‘s Nottingham practice advises lenders and borrowers, including large banks, on management buy-outs, refinancing arrangements, project financing and funding that facilitates M&A. The team also has expertise in public sector financing, where they act for a range of clients including local councils. Jenny Chatten is particularly experienced in advising banks and private lenders on transactions in the healthcare and franchising industries. David Watson specialises in property finance. Associate Sarah Bailey is particularly strong in assisting clients with facility and security agreements.
With notable strength in the utilities, education, retail and motor retail sectors, Geldards LLP handles a broad sweep of commercial developments and public sector projects, including major regeneration schemes. Graham Banks in Derby specialises in property investment and development, project finance, planning and environmental law. In Nottingham, David Watson assists commercial developers with construction projects, from initial site assembly through to disposal. Jamie Gordon focuses on advising national utilities companies, such as UK Power Networks, on their operations and expansion plans. In a recent highlight, the firm advised Nottingham College on a land exchange arrangement with Nottingham City Council, facilitating the council’s major regeneration project in Nottingham southside. The ‘exceptionally committed and diligent’ Heather Dixon has a track record of work on residential and commercial development projects, acting for a range of clients in both the public and private sector, while Tiffany Cloynes leads the public sector and regeneration team.
- Commercial property: Nottingham and Derby - East Midlands > Real estate
- Leading individuals - East Midlands > Real estate > Commercial property: Nottingham and Derby
- Banking and finance - East Midlands > Finance
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Nottingham and Derby
- Real estate > Commercial property: Nottingham and Derby
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Elsewhere in East Midlands
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Real estate > Construction
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Nottingham and Derby
- Private client > Family
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Public sector > Public sector
- Employment > Employment
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms