Alan Taylor > Kate Blackwell KC > Manchester, England > Barrister Profile
Lincoln House Chambers Offices
Lincoln House Chambers
TOWER 12, BRIDGE STREET, SPINNINGFIELDS
- Go to...
As an experienced practitioner, Alan has built a successful Criminal and Regulatory practice. In the last five-years, he has transformed his practice so that Professional Discipline & Regulatory conducts around eighty-percent of his work load. Alan also continues to practise in criminal law.
Alan is a highly-experienced advocate. He regularly receives plaudits from both professional and lay clients for his advocacy style and for the results he achieves for his clients. He will leave no stone un-turned in seeking to achieve the desired outcome for his client.
In the field of professional discipline, Alan is one of the General Medical Council’s regularly instructed advocates. He has recently been appointed to the Council’s list of advocates sufficiently experienced and skilled to appear in the High Court.
He conducts all types of hearings for many professions, including Fitness to Practise, Review and Restoration hearings. He has extensive experience of appearing before Interim Orders Panels.
Much of Alan’s current practice is taken up with Fitness to Practice Hearings involving misconduct (including dishonesty, sexual abuse, and serious clinical errors), deficient professional performance (following performance assessments), and adverse physical or mental health.
Examples of Professional Disciplinary/Regulatory work:
- Extensive experience of both prosecuting and defending healthcare professionals
- Appearing regularly on behalf of the General Medical Council, before Investigation Committees and Fitness to Practise, Review and Restoration Hearings
- Extensive experience of Interim Orders Panels, currently appearing regularly in High Court on behalf of the General Medical Council seeking interim order extensions
- Representing other non-healthcare professionals in disciplinary hearings
- Inquests (including death in custody)
Examples of Criminal Law work:
- Wide-ranging experience of prosecuting and defending in complex cases encompassing all areas of crime
- Acting as junior in murders, conspiracies and frauds
- Particular experience of historic rape/sex abuse cases
Called 1986; Lincoln’s Inn.
Criminal Bar Association
Association of Regulatory and Disciplinary Lawyers
Honourable Society of Lincoln’s Inn
St. Paul’s School, London
BA (Hons), University of Bristol
MPhil, Balliol College, Oxford
Diploma in Law, City University
Bar Vocational Course, Inns of Court School of Law