Timothy Frith > Lamb Chambers (Chambers of Richard Power) > London, England > Lawyer Profile
Lamb Chambers (Chambers of Richard Power) Offices
LAMB BUILDING, TEMPLE
- Go to...
Tim is a highly experienced barrister who acts in domestic, international and offshore cases. He is called to the bar of England & Wales, Bermuda and BVI and has a strong Commercial, Corporate, and Trust practice with expertise in complex multi-jurisdictional high value work. He has represented international and local clients in a wide range of jurisdictions in Court, Arbitration and Mediation. Tim is a Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators and a CEDR accredited mediator.
He has worked in law-firms in Singapore, Bermuda and BVI and understands that good client skills and effective team work are essential in achieving the best results for a client whether in collaboration with international firms on large scale projects or by simply having a good effective working relationship with an instructing solicitor or in house counsel in Domestic work. Tim has a wide experience of all areas of civil work which he brings to bare in achieving pragmatic, business orientated and cost effective results for his clients.
Year of Call in BVI 2015
Year of Call in Bermuda 2013
Year of Call England & Wales 1996
Tim has worked in law-firms in Singapore, Bermuda and BVI and understands that good client skills and effective team work are essential in achieving the best results for a client whether in collaboration with international firms on large scale projects or by simply having a good effective working relationship with an instructing solicitor or in house counsel in Domestic work. Tim has a wide experience of all areas of civil work which he brings to bare in achieving pragmatic, business orientated and cost effective results for his clients.
- Bermuda Bar Association
- IBA (International Bar Association)
- Middle Temple
- Chartered Institute of Arbitrators
- CLA (Country Land & Business Association)
- Legal and Parliamentary Committee (2009-2012)
- Chairman, Surrey Branch (2010-2012)
- Vice Chairman, Surrey Branch (2007-2010)
- Examples of Marketing Activities
- Client visits and attendance at firms in Canada, Bermuda, London and BVI (2015-2016). Planned and organised Insuralex Convention in Bermuda (2013). Organised and attended marketing events and client visits for MJM in London (2012) and New York (2012).IBA Conferences in Boston (2013), Madrid (2010) and Singapore (2007). Marketing activities at major Equestrian Events (2006-2008) for Casalier Chambers. International Client visits in Jordan and Dubai (2008-2010). Organised and lectured in a three day Advocacy Workshop to the Kuala Lumpur Bar Council in Malaysia 2005 & 2007. Organised and attended one week Marketing initiative in Singapore 1999. Organised and participated in a wide range of seminars and marketing activities for the commercial groups of Devereux and Lamb Chambers in the UK.
- Travel: Travelled extensively in Europe, Middle and Far East, Asia, North & South America and Australia. Worked in Bermuda (4yrs) Chile (3 years), Singapore (5 months), BVI (4 months) USA (4 months).
- American and European Literature and History, Cinema, Theatre, Music, Sailing, Fencing, Carriage Driving and Rural Life
- Royal Bermuda Yacht Club, Royal Hamilton Amateur Dinghy Club, Bosham Sailing Club, Royal British Virgin Islands Yacht Club, Lansdowne Club, The Worshipful Company of Basket Makers
Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators (2008)
Lecturer (Part-Time) (BPP Law School) (2004-5)
Direct Public Access Certification (College of Law) (2004)
CEDR Accredited Mediator
(Centre for Effective Dispute Resolution) (2004)
Member of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators (2004)
Diploma in International Arbitration (2003)
Chartered Institute of Arbitrators [Malaysia]
Bristol University (2000-2003)
LLM (Commercial Law)
Commercial Law, Company Law, Employment Law, Credit Security and Insolvency
Dissertation on Insurance law:
“Subrogation: The Development of Conceptual Unity”
Pegasus Scholarship (Singapore) 1999
Called to the Bar of England & Wales: November 1996 (Middle Temple)
The Bar Vocational Course (1995-6)
The Inns of Court School of Law
The Common Professional Examination (1994-5)
The College of Law (Guildford)