Joe O'Leary > Chambers of David Josse KC > London, England > Lawyer Profile
5 St Andrews Hill Offices
5 St Andrews Hill
- Go to...
Joe accepts instructions in all of chambers’ areas of practice. Joe prosecutes and defends regularly in the Magistrates' and Youth Courts and is developing a Crown Court practice.
Joe is Youth Court qualified. He has been instructed in serious Youth Court cases, both prosecuting and defending and has been commended for his thorough and pro-active preparation of his cases.
Under the supervision of Ini Udom, James Fletcher and Sarah Wood, Joe has observed all areas of chambers' practice, including, extradition, complex criminal trials, POCA matters and a range of civil proceedings.
Articles and Legal Updates
Joe often writes articles and legal updates. His most recent articles include:
- Conscientious care needed to assist Circuit Judges when applying for search warrants (R (Ashbolt & Arundell) v HMRC & Anor) – with Alexa Le Moine. July 2020.
- Parole Hearings - consideration of unproven allegations (Morris v Parole Board) – with Georgia Beatty. April 2020.
- Disclosure in the Magistrates Court (for Lexis PSL) – With David McNeil. September 2020.
- Joe was called to the Bar in 2019.
- Defence Extradition Lawyers Forum.
- Criminal Bar Association.
- Young Fraud Lawyers Association.
- The Inner Temple.
- University of Law: Bar Professional Training Course (Very Competent).
- University of Liverpool: LLB in Law (First Class Honours).
- Exhibition Award, Inner Temple.