Rebecca Thomas > Chambers of David Josse KC > London, England > Lawyer Profile
5 St Andrews Hill Offices
5 St Andrews Hill
- Go to...
Rebecca is a barrister practising in all areas of criminal law. She also accepts instructions in the areas of extradition and regulatory & professional discipline and has a growing family law practice.
Rebecca prosecutes and defends in a wide range of criminal cases. She has a growing practice in private children and domestic abuse proceedings and welcomes instructions in family public law cases.
Before starting pupillage Rebecca worked at Sonn Macmillan Walker Solicitors working on criminal defence and regulatory cases as a paralegal to a senior partner. In particular, Rebecca has litigation experience defending clients facing prosecution by Local Authorities in respect of housing offences.
Prior to this, Rebecca undertook pro bono work with the Free Representation Unit, the National Centre for Domestic Violence and the Innocence Initiative at the Centre for Criminal Appeals (now Appeal).
- CPS External Advocates Panel (Grade 1).
- Government Legal Department ‘Junior Junior’ Scheme Member.
- Nursing and Midwifery Council Authorised Case Presenter.
- Women in Criminal Law (WICL).
- Criminal Bar Association (CBA).
- Defence Extradition Lawyer’s Forum (DELF).
- University of St Andrews – M.A. Hons English: First Class.
- City, University of London – Graduate Diploma in Law: Commendation.
- City, University of London – LLM (Professional Legal Skills, including BPTC): Distinction.
- Ann Felicity Goddard Scholarship: Gray’s Inn.
- David Karmel Scholarship: Gray’s Inn.
- Prince of Wales Scholarship: Gray’s Inn.
- Dean’s List: University of St Andrews.