Sophia Kerridge > Chambers of David Josse KC > London, England > Lawyer Profile
5 St Andrews Hill Offices
5 St Andrews Hill
- Go to...
Sophia is a barrister practising in all areas of criminal and regulatory law.
She has experience of professional discipline and regulatory cases and a growing practice in extradition.
Sophia prosecutes and defends in a wide range of criminal cases and is Youth Court qualified. Her experience extends to cases brought by private prosecutors involving trademark and environmental offences. She has experience of professional discipline and regulatory cases and a growing practice in extradition. Sophia also accepts instructions in family law.
Before starting pupillage, Sophia worked at Kingsley Napley LLP as a criminal litigation paralegal. She worked on a number of significant cases involving corporate fraud, extradition and private prosecutions. Alongside this she wrote her LLM thesis on the corporate criminal liability of UK companies for violent human rights abuses overseas.
Prior to this Sophia worked for three years as a Human Rights Observer with Peace Brigades International (PBI) in Colombia and is now a Trustee for PBI UK. She also interned at NATO, where she coordinated the drafting of multinational policy papers to facilitate requests of international assistance. These documents continue to be used today.
- CPS External Advocates Panel (Grade 2).
- Government Legal Department ‘Junior Junior’ Scheme Member.
- Nursing and Midwifery Council Authorised Case Presenter.
- LLM (Distinction) Professional Legal Skills including BPTC, City University.
- Graduate Diploma in Law, City University.
- MPhil Latin American Studies, University of Oxford.
- MA (Hons) International Relations & Spanish, University of St Andrews.