Claire van Overdijk > Chambers of James Counsell KC and Keith Bryant KC > London, England > Lawyer Profile
Outer Temple Chambers Offices
Outer Temple Chambers
THE OUTER TEMPLE, 222 STRAND
- Go to...
Claire van Overdijk
Court of Protection, Private Client and Trust, Public Law
Barrister specialising in Court of Protection, Private Client and Trust, Public Law.
Claire van Overdijk was called to the bar in 2003.
Claire van Overdijk is a specialist private client and public law barrister. She is described as a “very versatile, experienced and persuasive advocate” and was shortlisted as “Advocate of the Year” at the 2019/2020 STEP Private Client Awards.
Owing to her expertise in private international law, Claire is also recognised as an expert in jurisdictional issues both in the public law and private client fields, and is described as “exceptional in cases involving complex overlapping issues of jurisdiction, finance, or particularly difficult family dynamics.”
- Equality and Human Rights Commission Panel Counsel – A Panel
- Attorney General Civil Panel Counsel – B Panel
- Court of Protection Bar Association – Secretary
- Court of Protection Practitioners Association – London Committee
- STEP Mental Capacity Global SIG Steering Committee – Deputy Chair
- Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners – full member
- Chancery Bar Association
- Administrative Law Bar Association – member
- 2014- 2018: Part-time member of University College London, Faculty of Law teaching in private international law (LL.M)