Abigail Owen > DMH Stallard LLP > Guildford, England > Lawyer Profile
DMH Stallard LLP Offices
1ST FLOOR, WONERSH HOUSE
THE GUILDWAY, OLD PORTSMOUTH ROAD
- Go to...
Senior Corporate Counsel.
Abigail works across London and the South East but primarily in the Gatwick and Brighton areas and has been a leading corporate lawyer in the region for more than 20 years.
Her reputation is that of a dealmaker forging strong commercial alliances to drive deals that add value to clients. As one of the ‘go to’ lawyers in the south east, she advises on complex regional, national and international M&A transactions involving a range of business types and industries.
Her experience extends to advising on mergers, investment, shareholder and JV arrangements, restructuring, banking and re-financing, non-contentious insolvency and corporate governance work; her key speciality is corporate sales and acquisitions.
Clients include entrepreneurs, owner-managers, mid-market companies, SMEs, PLCs, international corporates, private equity, banks and financial institutions, joint venture parties, LLPs, partnerships and individuals.
Her broad sector experience covers services such as insurance and recruitment through to manufacturing, retail & distribution, and service industries.
- Advising the shareholder of leading IFA and wealth management company Skerritt Consultants Limited on £55m private equity investment
- Advising the shareholder of a leading stockist and reseller of IT equipment on share sale and major private equity investment
- Acting for a leading English wine producer in relation to an investment by a third party private investor and the buy out of minority shareholders
- Advising on the private equity investment into Lightning Fibre Limited, an infrastructure supplier involving fibre-to-premises, by Foresight Group
- Advising on the sale of Ashtons Hospital Pharmacy Services Ltd, involving a management buy-out backed by a private equity investment by LDC
- Advising on the sale of Posturite Limited, a UK-based market-leading ergonomics company, to US global office supplies manufacturer, Fellowes International Group
- Advising on the sale of specialist health and safety e-learning provider Workrite Ltd to Ideagen PLC
- Advising Southdown Holdings Limited and Sutton Business Centre Limited on the sale of their substantial property businesses at Sutton Business Park and Sutton Business Centre to Netherlands based industrial and commercial property group, Capital Industrial B.V.
- Advising Broomer Farm Investments Limited on the share acquisition of Harbour Way Country Club Group
- Advising on the sale of specialist family owned insurer, Highworth Insurance Limited to the Aston Lark Group, one of the top five chartered insurance brokers in the country
- Advising on the sale of British Converting Solutions, the UK’s leading manufacturer of box making machinery, to German buyer, Kolbus, part of an international group
- Acting for Hunt and Palmer PLC on its share acquisition of Aircraft Chartering Services Limited
Abigail was named South East Corporate Lawyer of the Year in two consecutive years at the Insider Dealmakers Awards and was shortlisted again in 2020 and 2021. She won Private Equity/Venture Capital Deal of the Year 2021 for her work on the sale of Lightning Fibre to Foresight Group, a leading infrastructure and private equity investment manager, with several other deals she was involved in also being shortlisted. Abigail also won Corporate Deal of the Year in 2018 acting on the sale of a minority stake in Posturite Limited to US international group Fellowes.
In the press
In addition to Abigail’s deals being reported in the media, she also provides commentary to regional business magazines. Most recently she contributed to a feature on International Women’s Day 2021 in Dynamic Magazine.
Lawyer Rankings(Leading individuals)
DMH Stallard LLP’s corporate/M&A team at Gatwick is led by Jonathan Grant and John Yates. The regional team has seen a significant increase in PE deals as well as deals with a value exceeding £20m. On the corporate side, Jonathan Grant, Abigail Owen, Helen Mead, and the newly recruited Mark Diamond are well known for being able to ‘fully understand the aims of the transaction and where they can add value’. On the commercial side, John Yates’ previous career in the music industry enables him to establish strong relationships with many media clients. Debbie Venn has strong expertise in the travel sector.
- Corporate and commercial: Kent, Surrey, Sussex - South East > Corporate and commercial
- Leading individuals - South East > Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Kent, Surrey, Sussex
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Kent, Surrey, Sussex
- Dispute resolution > Debt recovery
- Employment > Employment: Kent, Surrey, Sussex
- Real estate > Environment and planning
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate: Kent, Surrey, Sussex
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Kent, Surrey and Sussex
- Real estate > Commercial property: Kent, Surrey, Sussex
- Private client > Family: Kent, Surrey, Sussex
- Employment > Immigration
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Insurance > Personal injury and clinical negligence: claimant
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery