Hannah Cane > Womble Bond Dickinson (UK) LLP > London, England > Lawyer Profile
Womble Bond Dickinson (UK) LLP Offices
4 MORE LONDON RIVERSIDE
- Go to...
Insurance claims; Construction & Engineering
Hannah is a partner in the insurance group. She is a professional indemnity and dispute resolution lawyer specialising in the defence of high value and complex claims against construction and property professionals, including contractors, architects, engineers, surveyors, planners, property managers and interior designers. She is head of the firm’s construction insurance practice, leading a team of experienced construction insurance lawyers across our national offices.
She acts for many of the major insurers regularly advises on policy coverage. She is a member of the British Property Federation’s Insurance Committee.
Hannah also has significant experience defending other professionals, in particular, solicitors, accountants, brokers and independent financial advisers.
The Legal 500 names Hannah as “tough yet commercially astute” and “incisive in her analysis” and that she “goes out of her way to put the clients’ needs at the heart of the excellent service she delivers”.
Qualified 2001 with Barlow Robbins (then Barlows): joined Kennedys from Plexus in 2007; partner, Kennedys 2012; partner, Bond Dickinson 2014; partner, Womble Bond Dickinson (UK) LLP on combination 2017.
British Property Federation’s Insurance Committee
Womble Bond Dickinson (UK) LLP advises on complex contractual and negligence disputes, and is active in the infrastructure, residential and commercial development, and energy sectors. The London team is co-headed by Jessica Tresham, who offers expertise in all forms of dispute resolution, and Hannah Cane, who specialises in professional indemnity claims.
Womble Bond Dickinson (UK) LLP ‘s national insurance disputes team, which includes lawyers in London, Bristol and Southampton, is led by Sushma MacGeoch – she is ‘a tenacious litigator, who instils confidence in her team and fights ferociously to achieve the best outcome for the client.’ Hannah Cane is head of construction insurance, while David Clark is head of claims handling. Simon Beckwith is another key name, with ‘the strategic skills of a chess grandmaster in plotting his clients’ cases.’
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Employment > Health and safety
- Transport > Rail
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Risk advisory > Data protection, privacy and cybersecurity
- Public sector > Education: schools
- Public sector > Local government
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Power (including electricity, nuclear and renewables)
- Insurance > Professional negligence
- Industry focus > Retail and consumer
- Corporate and commercial > Commercial contracts
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Public sector > Education: institutions
- Employment > Pensions (non-contentious)
- Real estate > Commercial property: development
- Real estate > Construction: contentious
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property: patents (contentious and non-contentious)
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property: trade marks, copyright and design
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Corporate and commercial > Financial services: non-contentious/regulatory
- Real estate > Property finance
- Finance > Corporate restructuring & insolvency