David Cruickshank > Dentons > Edinburgh, Scotland > Lawyer Profile
15 LAURISTON PLACE
- Go to...
Energy, Transport & Infrastructure
David Cruickshank is a Partner in the firm’s Public Procurement practice.
He has extensive experience in acting on all aspects of project and acquisition finance transactions across a number of different sectors
2017 to date: partner Dentons UK and Middle East LLP; 2010 to 2017: partner (2013)/director, Maclay Murray & Spens LLP; 2006-2009: director/associate director, Barclays Capital, Global Loans; 2005-2006 legal consultant, Barclays Capital (on secondment from Shearman & Sterling LLP); 2000-2005 associate, Shearman & Sterling LLP; project development and finance 1997-2000; trainee, junior associate, Linklaters, project development and finance.
1999 – present: member of the Law Society of England and Wales; 1996-1997 College of Law, London, Legal Practice Course; 1995-1996 College of Law, Common Professional Examination; 1992-1995 Emmanuel College, Cambridge, 2:1, Geography, MA; 1989-1991 Dover College.
Fell running; member of Hawk’s Club; Cambridge; member of Archerfield Golf Club.
Dentons’ Scottish team works on domestic and international matters in conjunction with its global network of offices. It is noted for its experience of advising on small and mid-scale projects for developers and funders, particularly in the onshore wind, hydro, solar, marine and energy from waste (Efw) spaces. Practice head David Cruickshank, who focuses on renewables and alternative energy, is a member of the firm’s cross-practice energy transition programme.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Real estate > Commercial property: Edinburgh and Glasgow
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate tax
- Corporate and commercial > EU and competition
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Edinburgh and Glasgow
- Real estate > Environment
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- Finance > Investment funds
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Projects
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation
- Real estate > Construction
- Employment > Employment
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Energy (excluding oil and gas)
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Media and entertainment
- Insurance > Professional negligence