Michael Livingston > Dentons > Edinburgh, Scotland > Lawyer Profile
15 LAURISTON PLACE
- Go to...
Corporate / financial services.
Partner specialising in all aspects of corporate, financial services banking and insurance regulation. Advised Prudential on the acquisition of Royal London’s annuity book, Mellon on the acquisition of Walter Scott & Partners, Lloyds on various banking business transfer schemes, Chesnara on various insurance business transfer scheme, BoS on its cross-border merger with BOSI and HBOS and BOS on their capital reduction schemes. A reporter to the Court of Session.
Articled Paterson Robertson & Graham; qualified 1981; worked with Noble Grossart Ltd 1983-84, Edinburgh Financial Trust Ltd 1984-90, Lilley plc 1990-92; Maclay Murray & Spens, 1992; partner 1995.
The High School of Glasgow; Strathclyde University (1979 LLB (Hons) 1st; 1981 LLM).
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Real estate > Commercial property: Edinburgh and Glasgow
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate tax
- Corporate and commercial > EU and competition
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Edinburgh and Glasgow
- Real estate > Environment
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- Finance > Investment funds
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Projects
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation
- Real estate > Construction
- Employment > Employment
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Energy (excluding oil and gas)
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Media and entertainment
- Insurance > Professional negligence