Brian Hutcheson > Dentons > Glasgow, Scotland > Lawyer Profile
1 GEORGE SQUARE
- Go to...
Brian is a partner in Dentons’ Glasgow office. He is a member of the Real Estate practice group.
Brian deals with all aspects of real estate work within Scotland. His main areas of practice are estate management, acquisitions and disposals, development and regeneration, leasing and real estate finance, including bridging finance.
Brian has developed a particular expertise in student accommodation, BTR/multifamily, and retail and logistics. In the context of estate management, Brian has experience of acting for a broad spectrum of clients as diverse as airports, postal organizations and offshore investment funds. He acts for both public and private sector organizations.
Brian is the current chair of the Investment Property Forum (IPF) in Scotland.
Qualified 1996. Partner Dentons 2020.
University of Glasgow, 1995, Diploma in Legal Practice; University of Glasgow, 1994, LLB (Hons); Practice University of Glasgow, 1993, LLB
Brian Hutcheson joined Dentons from Morton Fraser in May 2020 and now heads the team following the retirement of Gordon Aitken. With a huge international network, the firm is well placed to handle high-value, multi-jurisdictional mandates. In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, the firm created interactive toolkits that assist clients with lease, agreement and litigation, possession and enforcement issues. Hutcheson is recommended for estates management and development work.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Real estate > Commercial property: Edinburgh and Glasgow
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Edinburgh and Glasgow
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- Finance > Investment funds
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Projects
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation
- Real estate > Construction
- Employment > Employment
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Energy (excluding oil and gas)
- Real estate > Environment
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Media and entertainment