Laurence Applegate > DWF > London, England > Lawyer Profile
20 FENCHURCH STREET
- Go to...
Laurence is a corporate partner who works on a wide range of transactions including cross-border and domestic M&A, joint ventures, investments and restructurings.
Laurence is a corporate partner who advises listed and private companies, private equity houses, alternative asset managers and SME’s on cross-border and domestic M&A, joint ventures, investments and restructurings.
Laurence focuses on private equity transactions and in particular real estate private equity having working on numerous real estate M&A transactions, joint ventures, investments and reorganisations in the UK and Europe.
DWF is highly active in the small M&A space, leveraging its global resources to advise on an array of cross-border transactions. The firm’s recent workload is testament to its strength across numerous sectors, most notably in the insurance and technology industries. The London team is led by Patrick Eaton, who acts for many of the firm’s high-profile retail and insurance clients. Laurence Applegate is noted for his real estate private equity work, while Justin Edgar acts for various blue-chip corporates on domestic and cross-border transactions. Raeesa Chowdhury is recommended for her broad experience within the insurance and financial services sectors. Frank Shephard leads the national group.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Dispute resolution > Debt recovery
- Employment > Health and safety
- Corporate and commercial > M&A: smaller deals, up to £50m
- Insurance > Personal injury: defendant
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: mid-market
- Dispute resolution > Commodities disputes
- Risk advisory > Data protection, privacy and cybersecurity
- Insurance > Insurance and reinsurance litigation
- Public sector > Local government
- Insurance > Product liability: defendant
- Insurance > Clinical negligence: defendant
- Insurance > Insurance: corporate and regulatory
- Employment > Pensions: dispute resolution
- Dispute resolution > Professional discipline
- Insurance > Professional negligence
- Transport > Shipping
- Real estate > Commercial property: investment
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Fraud: civil
- Dispute resolution > International arbitration
- Real estate > Property finance
- Employment > Employers
- Transport > Travel