Ben Thornycroft > DAC Beachcroft LLP > Bristol, England > Lawyer Profile
DAC Beachcroft LLP Offices
- Go to...
Ben is a partner in the national construction team and specialises in project procurement and construction contract matters. He has prepared and negotiated documentation for a wide variety of projects in the private and public sectors acting for owners, developers, contractors, tenants and funders. He is currently involved in a range of schemes including for public and independent sector health clients from refurbishment work to substantial new facilities, schools projects, mixed use and new supermarket developments, industrial facilities, infrastructure and waste to energy projects. Previous experience includes advising an NHS Foundation Trust on the development of a new £100m cancer centre, an international contractor on the contracts for a £100m integrated materials recycling facility and advising the developer of the Environment Agency s new headquarters in Bristol which achieved the then highest BREEAM score for an office development.
Trained Stephenson Harwood; qualified 1994; solicitor at Stephenson Harwood 1994-97 then Beachcroft LLP (now DAC Beachcroft LLP) from 1997; partner 2004.
University of Birmingham (1990 LLB).
DAC Beachcroft LLP is particularly well-known for undertaking commercial construction and professional indemnity claims against construction professionals; illustrative of its excellent reputation in this space, the firm generates a significant amount of work from corporate and London market insurers. Elsewhere, the firm handles a wide range of complex construction projects for clients such as national housebuilders and the NHS. The utilities and financial sectors, are among other areas of activity. Ben Thornycroft heads up the group, which also includes Philip Roberts.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Insurance > Clinical negligence: defendant
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Bristol
- Public sector > Health
- Human resources > Health and safety
- Insurance > Personal injury: defendant
- Insurance > Professional negligence
- Real estate > Commercial property: Bristol
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Crime: general
- Human resources > Employment: Bristol
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Project finance and PFI
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Real estate > Construction
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Bristol
- Dispute resolution > Debt recovery
- Real estate > Environment
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- Public sector > Local government
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Real estate > Planning