Mark Heptinstall > Slater Heelis > Manchester, England > Lawyer Profile
Slater Heelis Offices
- Go to...
Mark joined Slater Heelis in 2005 and is Partner and Head of the Family Department. Mark holds two part-time judicial appointments as a Deputy District Judge (Civil & Family) and a Recorder (Family) on the Northern Circuit. He is authorised to deal with complex finance cases.
Mark specialises in family high net worth finances, often involving high profile individuals with complex asset bases and structure. These often involve multiple jurisdictions and parties. He also deals with high conflict children cases. Mark is also a fully trained Collaborative Lawyer and committed to ADR.
Mark has an array of clients both in the UK, particularly the South East and overseas including other professionals such as Barristers, Solicitors, business directors, media & sports personalities and medical professionals. Mark’s clients are almost exclusively personally referred to him by former clients and other professionals locally, nationally and internationally.
Mark is recognised as a leading lawyer in the Chambers Guide to the Legal Profession and is described as a “very thorough, proactive and a hard negotiator” and recognised as a leading individual in the Legal 500.
From Trainee Solicitor to Partner & Head of Family Slater Heelis, 2005 – Present
Resolution, past President & Vice-President of the Trafford Law Society
Lawyer Rankings(Leading individuals)
The team at Slater Heelis advises high-net-worth clients on a broad range of family law matters, including matrimonial finance and wealth protection, Schedule 1 of the Children Act matters, children disputes, and international family law. Its clients are often active in sports and media. Mark Heptinstall leads the family team and is a key contact regarding contested trusts, Court of Protection matters, and complex financial remedies. Patricia Robinson and Charlotte Beck are noted experts in financial remedy and private children disputes. Vicki McLynn joined from Vardags in December 2021, adding her expertise in alternative dispute resolution matters to the practice.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Real estate > Commercial property: elsewhere in the North West
- Private client > Family
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: elsewhere in the North West
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Manchester
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: elsewhere in the North West
- Employment > Employment
- Real estate > Commercial property: Manchester
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Manchester
- Real estate > Construction
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Crime: general crime and fraud