Mr Michiel van Dijk > CMS > Amsterdam, Netherlands > Lawyer Profile
1077 DG AMSTERDAM
- Firm Profile
- Go to...
Mr Michiel van Dijk
Sport, Employment & Pensions
As partner, Michiel van Dijk specialises in sport matters and employment law. In his sport practice, Michiel mostly advises sports organisations, sports associations and (international) top athletes on a wide variety of sports issues. Michiel specialises in dopingprocedures, selection issues and sports related issues.
Michiel is active in the world of sports, both as committee member and as an active sporter. He is secretary to the ‘Vereniging voor Sport en Recht‘ and editorial member of the ‘Tijdschrift voor Sport en Recht’.
Michiel was president of the Audit Committee Doping for eight years and has been president of the Disciplinary Committee of the Nederlandse Rugby Bond (Dutch Rugby Association) for many years. Furthermore, he is a member of the Disciplinary Committe ‘Betaald Voetbal‘ with the KNVB (Royal Dutch Football Association) and Michiel has several advisory positions with NOC*NSF.
Dutch, English, German
- Lecture at Nyenrode, Law College Utrecht, VU, Erasmus University, SOMT University
- Chairman Disciplinary Committee Rugby Europe (formerly known as FIRA/AER)
- Labour Law, Grotius Academy for Post-Graduate Law Studies
- Dutch Law (Private and Criminal Law), Utrecht University
Netherlands > Employment
Acting predominantly for international companies, CMS leverages its global presence to take on cross-border employment mandates. The firm frequently advises on restructurings and has also seen a recent increase in whistleblower and compliance-related matters. The practice is headed by Katja van Kranenburg-Hanspians and Michiel van Dijk; the former focuses on restructurings, dismissals and high-profile litigation, while the latter specialises in sports and employment law.
Netherlands > Industry focus: Media and entertainment
CMS‘s media, entertainment and sports team advises clients on commercial arrangements, corporate transactions and litigation in a range of industries, such as sports, advertising, film, gaming and social media. IP expert Rogier de Vrey focuses on disputes concerning the exploitation and enforcement of digital media rights. Sports law specialist Michiel Van Dijk advises sports organisations, associations and international top athletes on a variety of sports mandates. Senior counsel Simon Sanders supports clients on the overlap between legal issues and technology, while Marcoline van der Dussen is a key support on media and advertising-related IP matters.
Netherlands > Dispute resolution: Commercial litigation
CMS‘ dispute resolution team represents plaintiffs and defendants, spanning insurance companies, financial institutions, energy companies, and directors and officers. Leonard Böhmer heads up the litigation and insurance team, while Peter Soede focuses on complex legal procedures involving liability law, Bart-Adriaan de Ruijter is a key name to note for corporate litigation, and Petra Heemskerk specialises in procurement issues involving high-profile tender disputes. Franchise disputes specialist Anita Canta and sports expert Michiel Van Dijk are also recommended.
- Dispute resolution: Commercial litigation - Netherlands
- Employment - Netherlands
- Industry focus: Media and entertainment - Netherlands
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Industry focus: Food
- Industry focus: healthcare and life sciences
- Real estate
- Restructuring and insolvency
- Banking and finance: Borrower side
- Banking and finance: Financial services regulatory
- Banking and finance: lender or arranger side
- Data privacy and data protection
- Energy: regulatory
- Energy: transactional
- Environment and planning
- EU and competition
- Industry focus: Information technology
- Industry focus: retail
- Intellectual property: Patents
- Commercial, corporate and M&a
- Dispute resolution: Commercial litigation
- Industry focus: Media and entertainment
- Intellectual property: trade marks, copyrights and design rights