Luis Felipe Huertas del Pino > Hernández & Cía > Lima, Peru > Lawyer Profile
Hernández & Cía Offices
AV JAVIER PRADO OESTE 795
MAGDALENA DEL MAR
- Go to...
Luis Felipe Huertas del Pino
- Natural Resources: Mining.
- Real Estate.
- Hernández & Cía. Abogados Law Firm (January, 2018 to present).
- Osterling Law Firm (November 2004 – December, 2017).
- Rio Tinto plc, Intership in the Legal Department, London, England (August, 2004 – October, 2004).
- Osterling Law Firm (June, 2001 – September, 2003).
Spanish and English.
- Lima Bar Association.
- Member of the Peruvian Institute of Mining, Petroleum and Energy Law.
- Member of the Rocky Mountain Mineral Law Foundation.
- Alianza Pro Bono Director (December, 2017).
- Universidad de Lima (2001).
- Master in Law (LL.M.) at the Dundee University, Scotland (2005).
Lawyer Rankings(Leading individuals)
Hernández & Cía. Abogados continues to grow its workload and profile across a range of transactional, regulatory and contentious mandates. The practice shines for its well-resourced team, particularly at a senior level. Three partners bring valuable environmental know-how to the practice: Luis Felipe Huertas del Pino, who is particularly strong in mining-related environmental compliance; full-time environmental specialist Miyanou Dufour; and the very experienced Luis Rodríguez-Mariátegui, who has a combined energy, mining and environmental focus. They are supported by a pool of nine associates, including senior Juan Pablo Macassi, an experienced administrative lawyer. The team successfully handled the environmental aspects of Proctor & Gamble’s closure of its diaper producing facilities, a challenging task during the Covid-19 lockdown.
Deep expertise at Hernández & Cía. Abogados earns the firm an attractive bank of clients, including leading mining companies from home and abroad, namely Marcobre, Rio Tinto and Hudbay Perú. Fielding one of the largest teams in the market with 13 lawyers, the practice includes three specialist partners in Luis Rodríguez-Mariátegui, who brings over 20 years’ mining M&A experience to the table; and Luis Felipe Huertas del Pino and Miyanou Dufour, who focus primarily on regulatory aspects. The team has been in demand during the past year advising mining companies on Covid-19 management, the sector having been particularly impacted by a host of new regulations and legislation. On the transactional front, mandates included advising Denham Capital on the reverse-sale of mining concessions of the Toropunto project to the Peruvian branch of SMC Toropunto. At associate level, senior Juan Pablo Macassi is very active in this field, particularly on the regulatory side.
- Leading individuals - Peru > Environment
- Environment - Peru
- Mining - Peru > Energy and natural resources
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Banking and finance
- Corporate and M&A
- Energy and natural resources > Electricity
- International trade (IT&C)
- Energy and natural resources > Mining
- Projects and infrastructure
- Real estate
- Capital markets
- Competition and antitrust
- Dispute resolution
- TMT (Technology, media and telecoms)
- Intellectual property
- Labour and employment