Ms Maria Elisa Gualandi Verri > TozziniFreire Advogados > Sao Paulo, Brazil > Lawyer Profile
TozziniFreire Advogados Offices
R. BORGES LAGOA 1328
SAO PAULO, SP
- Go to...
Ms Maria Elisa Gualandi Verri
Corporate Law and Foreign Investment, Mergers and Acquisitions, Corporate Social Investment
Member of TozziniFreire’s Executive Committee, co-head of the firm’s Corporate/M&A practice and of the Corporate Social Investment area, Maria Elisa has a long valued multidisciplinary approach to legal practice. She has distinguished herself as a valuable advisor to clients on contractual and corporate matters, using her breadth of knowledge to perform her leading work in contracts, the acquisitions and sales of companies, and in the overall management of clients’ legal affairs.
- Member of the Board of Directors of AMCHAM (American Chamber of Commerce Brazil).
- Master’s degree in Civil Law from the Law School of USP (Universidade de São Paulo), 1995.
- Postgraduate degree in Commercial Law from the Law School of FGV-RJ (Fundação Getulio Vargas – Rio de Janeiro), 1989.
- Graduate of the Law School of UFES (Universidade Federal do Espírito Santo), 1988.
Lawyer Rankings(Leading individuals)
TozziniFreire Advogados is often engaged by well-known Brazilian and international companies in large-scale corporate transactions, particularly those with cross-border aspects. In one recent multi-jurisdictional transaction, recommended partner Francisco Eumene Machado de Oliveira Neto advised Banco Crédit Agricole Brasil on a joint venture with Banco Santander for the combination of its custody and asset management operations. The corporate and M&A department is led by Maria Elisa Gualandi Verri and Marcela Waksman Ejnisman and saw organic growth with the promotions of Fernando Silveira Carvalho and Carla do Couto Hellu Battilana to partner in February 2019; the latter advised Whirlpool on the sale of its compressor business to Nidec Corporation. Martin Miralles Pose, Luiz Renato Okumura, Mauro Guizeline and Silvia Martins de Castro Cunha Zono – who made partner in 2020 – are also key figures in the team.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- City focus - Porto Alegre > Commercial, corporate and M&A
- Competition and antitrust
- Corporate and M&A
- Labour and employment
- City focus - Porto Alegre > Tax
- Banking and finance
- Capital markets
- City focus - Porto Alegre > Dispute resolution
- Dispute resolution: arbitration
- Dispute resolution: Litigation
- Energy and natural resources > Electricity
- City focus - Brasilia > Government relations
- Life sciences
- Public law
- TMT: Cybersecurity and data privacy
- International trade and customs
- City focus - Porto Alegre > Labour
- Projects and infrastructure
- City focus - Brasilia > Public law and regulation
- Real estate
- TMT: Tech, innovation and digital business
- Intellectual property
- TMT: Telecoms and media