Mr Marcio Mello Silva Baptista > TozziniFreire Advogados > Sao Paulo, Brazil > Lawyer Profile
TozziniFreire Advogados Offices
R. BORGES LAGOA 1328
SAO PAULO, SP
- Go to...
Mr Marcio Mello Silva Baptista
Corporate Law and Foreign Investment, German Desk, Mergers and Acquisitions, Insurance and Reinsurance, Private Equity & Venture Capital, Japan Desk
The head of TozziniFreire’s New York office, Marcio’s practice is primarily cross-border, focusing on mergers and acquisitions, private equity transactions, transnational contracts and joint ventures. Marcio is the head of the firms Insurance and Reinsurance Practice Group and has extensive experience representing U.S., Asian, European and Latin American clients. Marcio joined the firm in 1989 and became a partner in 1998; before becoming a partner in TozziniFreire, he worked in New York for Cleary, Gottlieb, Steen & Hamilton, Morrison & Foerster and Morgan, Lewis & Bockius.
English, German, French and Spanish.
- Vice-chair of the Pacific Rim Advisory Council.
- Board member of the Brazilian American Chamber of Commerce in New York.
- Vice-Chair of the Latin America & Caribbean Committee of the American Bar Association.
- Member of the New York City Bar Association.
- Member of NYSBA (New York State Bar Association).
- Member of IBA (International Bar Association).
- LLM in Comparative Jurisprudence from the New York University, 1997.
- Specialized degree in Comparative Law from the University of Wisconsin, 1989.
- Master’s degree in International Law from the Law School of USP (Universidade de São Paulo), 1989.
- Graduate of the Law School of PUC-SP (Pontifícia Universidade Católica de São Paulo), 1986.
TozziniFreire Advogados has a versatile practice with good expertise in insurance-related corporate, regulatory and contentious matters. Marcio Mello Silva Baptista has a particular focus on insurance-related corporate transactions, while Bárbara Bassani de Souza is noted for her experience representing clients before the regulator, SUSEP, as well as in strategic and administrative disputes. Clients benefit from the team’s close links with other groups in the firm, including tax, banking, employment and environmental, allowing for support across all areas of the market.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- City focus - Porto Alegre > Commercial, corporate and M&A
- Competition and antitrust
- Corporate and M&A
- Labour and employment
- City focus - Porto Alegre > Tax
- Banking and finance
- Capital markets
- City focus - Porto Alegre > Dispute resolution
- Dispute resolution: arbitration
- Dispute resolution: Litigation
- Energy and natural resources > Electricity
- City focus - Brasilia > Government relations
- Life sciences
- Public law
- TMT: Cybersecurity and data privacy
- International trade and customs
- City focus - Porto Alegre > Labour
- Projects and infrastructure
- City focus - Brasilia > Public law and regulation
- Real estate
- TMT: Tech, innovation and digital business
- Intellectual property
- TMT: Telecoms and media