Will Woodall > Burges Salmon LLP > Bristol, England > Lawyer Profile
Burges Salmon LLP Offices
ONE GLASS WHARF
- Go to...
Will is a partner in Burges Salmon’s award-winning Infrastructure team, and has specialised since 2005 in the Energy sector. He has particular expertise in advising on the numerous real estate issues which are faced by clients developing, investing in and funding Energy assets.
Recent experience includes:
- Extensive, market-leading experience of advising on all real estate aspects of solar, onshore wind, anaerobic digestion, biomass, reserve power, battery storage, hydro-electric and energy from waste projects.
- Advising investment funds and renewable energy companies (including Bluefield, Greencoat, Downing and Octopus Energy Investments) on the acquisition, financing and disposal of renewable energy assets and on the legal asset management of their portfolios.
- Advising numerous developers of renewable energy projects (including Anesco, Renewable Connections and Conrad) across all technologies on the property arrangements for their developments.
- Leading teams working on the development of major infrastructure projects including advising on offshore and onshore property arrangements for offshore windfarms and Carbon Capture and Storage pipelines. These often involve long cable or pipeline routes, requiring significant numbers of agreements and the efficient legal management of multiple contracts.
- Working on innovative structuring arrangements assisting the deployment of rooftop solar installations and on-site energy centres.
Real Estate Partner specialising in energy and infrastructure projects and healthcare. Advises: developers, investors and funders of energy projects across the whole range of technologies, infrastructure projects and healthcare property. Recent highlights include advising Bluefield on the acquisition and financing of £110m portfolio of 15 operational solar parks, Anesco on its solar and battery developments and Vattenfall throughout the development of England and Wales’ largest wind farm (Pen Y Cymoedd). Advising on investment into and refinancing of numerous on-farm anaerobic digestion plants, ground mounted solar parks and rooftop solar installations. Market leading experience in battery storage and reserve power plants. Advising a major healthcare company on its property portfolio.
Trained Farrer & Co, qualified 2002, solicitor 2002-04; Burges Salmon LLP 2005-present, partner 2012.
Solar Trade Association.
Attended Uppingham School; University College, Oxford (1993 BA (History)).
Hill walking, camping, cycling, skiing and golf.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Private client > Agriculture and estates
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Bristol
- Real estate > Commercial property: Bristol
- Real estate > Construction
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Bristol
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate tax
- Employment > Employment: Bristol
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Energy, project finance and PFI
- Real estate > Environment
- Corporate and commercial > EU and competition
- Private client > Family
- Crime, fraud and licensing > General crime and fraud
- Employment > Health and safety
- Employment > Immigration
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Public sector > Local government
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Media and entertainment
- Employment > Pensions
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Real estate > Planning
- Insurance > Professional negligence
- Real estate > Property litigation
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport