Alastair Morrison > Burges Salmon LLP > Bristol, England > Lawyer Profile
Burges Salmon LLP Offices
ONE GLASS WHARF
- Go to...
Partner responsible for non-contentious rural property; sale, purchase, lease and mortgage of farms and estates is the mainstay of the unit, which comprises ten specialist agricultural property lawyers. Advises on law relating to ownership and occupation of land, e.g. secured lending, tenancies, contracting agreements, development clawback, sporting rights and rural grants and subsidies.
Trained Macfarlanes, London; qualified 1987; spent five years working in Yorkshire and County Durham acting for farmers of freehold and tenanted land and for commercial property clients; joined Burges Salmon as partner 1997.
Law Society; Agricultural Law Association; former member Legal and Property Rights Sub-Committee of the Country Land and Business Association. Trustee of the Royal Agricultural Society of England.
King’s College School, Wimbledon; Christ’s College, Cambridge (MA).
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Private client > Agriculture and estates
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Bristol
- Real estate > Commercial property: Bristol
- Real estate > Construction
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Bristol
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate tax
- Employment > Employment: Bristol
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Energy, project finance and PFI
- Real estate > Environment
- Corporate and commercial > EU and competition
- Private client > Family
- Crime, fraud and licensing > General crime and fraud
- Employment > Health and safety
- Employment > Immigration
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Public sector > Local government
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Media and entertainment
- Employment > Pensions
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Real estate > Planning
- Insurance > Professional negligence
- Real estate > Property litigation
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport