Witara Cakra Advocates (WCA) in exclusive association with White & Case LLP Indonesia > Jakarta, Indonesia > Firm Profile
Witara Cakra Advocates (WCA) in exclusive association with White & Case LLP Indonesia Offices
Sampoerna Strategic Square
North Tower, Level 17, Jl. Jend. Sudirman Kav. 45-46
Witara Cakra Advocates (WCA) in exclusive association with White & Case LLP Indonesia > The Legal 500 RankingsWitara Cakra Advocates (WCA) in exclusive association with White & Case LLP Indonesia advises on a wide range of secured loan and structured finance transactions and represents a variety of clients including lenders, underwriters and arrangers. Project finance is a key area of focus which the team is regularly instructed by international and domestic energy and natural resource companies, investors, lenders and traders. Fajar Ramadhan heads the practice and has a top tier banking practice that covers debt restructurings, security structures and enforcement. Kristo Molina is another name to note.
Other key lawyers:
Bangkok Bank PCL
BDO Unibank, Inc.
Credit Suisse AG
Standard Chartered Bank
Deutsche Bank AG
MUFG Bank Ltd.
- Advised Deutsche Bank AG, Singapore Branch, ING Bank N.V., Singapore Branch, Natixis and Standard Chartered Bank (as arrangers and lenders) on a financing granted to PT EPID Menara Assetco for the acquisition of 4,247 towers from Indosat with an aggregate amount of an up to $350m.
- Acted for Bangkok Bank Public Company Limited on its $2.3bn acquisition of a majority shareholding in Bank Permata Tbk, from Standard Chartered Bank and PT Astra International Tbk.
- Advised HSBC Corporation Limited, Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank, the Korean Development Bank, BPI France, Banco Santander, N.A., as senior lenders, export credit agencies, providers and/or arrangers of debt finance to PT Satelit Nusantara Tiga for an up $432m financing for the PPP Satellite Infrastructure Project.
Indonesia > Foreign firms Tier 1White & Case Pte. Ltd. stands out for its ‘deep topic knowledge and collaborative ways of working with clients‘. It has a leading corporate and M&A practice and a particularly active presence in the financial institutions, energy and real estate sectors. Jonathan Olier heads the M&A and private equity practice which also includes the highly regarded Jon Bowden. The Asia capital markets team has a full-service offering and is led by Kaya Proudian, a debt and equity capital markets specialist who is both US and English law qualified. Alexander McMyn leads the debt finance and restructuring practice and has substantial experience advising lenders, sponsors, and borrowers on a broad range of transactions and financings. Key changes to the team include the arrival of projects and infrastructure partners Tim Fourteau and Jamie Franklin who joined from Latham & Watkins LLP in 2020.
Kaya Proudian; Jonathan Olier; Alexander McMyn
‘Deep knowledge of the local Indo laws; great coordination with the global/English Law team and able to come up with solid advice.’
‘The team has very deep knowledge of specific market regulations and market practices. The team is very collaborative to understand client needs and support, and adjust the output accordingly.’
‘Charles McConnell – really good client management and able to network and connect the client to other clients; in-depth knowledge of banking and capital markets in Asia.’
Bangkok Bank Plc
CIMB Investment Bank
CVC Asia Pacific Limited
Deutsche Bank AG
Korea Electric Power Corporation
The Government of Republic of Indonesia
- Advising Ooredoo Group on the merger of PT Indosat, an Indonesian subsidiary of Ooredoo Group, with PT Hutchison 3 Indonesia, an Indonesian subsidiary of CK Hutchison Holdings Ltd.
- Advised the Arrangers and Managers (CIMB Investment Bank Berhad, Citigroup Global Markets Inc., Dubai Islamic Bank P.J.S.C., The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited, and Standard Chartered Bank) on the update of the Government of the Republic of Indonesia (RoI)’s Rule 144A/Reg S $25bn trust certificate issuance program and the subsequent $3bn multi-tranche sukuk offering under the program.
- Advised Deutsche Bank AG, Singapore Branch as mandated lead arranger of a $350m debt financing to an Indonesian subsidiary of Edgepoint Group, an Asia-focused towers business sponsored by the $25bn infrastructure investor, Digital Colony.
Indonesia > Capital markets Tier 2Witara Cakra Advocates (WCA) in exclusive association with White & Case LLP Indonesia advises a range of leading financial institutions and corporates on IPOs, rights issues, notes offering, and regulatory issues. Practice head Kristo Molina has extensive experience advising issuers and underwriters on international capital markets offerings, while Fajar Ramadhan specialises in international bond offerings, debt financings and restructuring.
Other key lawyers:
CIMB Investment Bank Berhad
Nomura Singapore Limited
PT BNI Sekuritas
PT BRI Danareksa Sekuritas
PT Mandiri Sekuritas
- Advised Deutsche Bank, BNP Paribas, Credit Suisse, CIMB Investment Bank Berhad and Shanghai Pudong Development Bank Co., Ltd. on LMIRT Capital Pte. Ltd.’s Regulation S offering of $200m 7.500% guaranteed senior notes due 2026.
- Advising the underwriters on the IPO of PT Archi Indonesia Tbk, an Indonesian gold mining company, including a Rule 144A/Regulation S offshore tranche.
- Advising Citigroup Global Markets Singapore Pte. Ltd., CLSA Singapore Pte Ltd, Mandiri Securities Pte. Ltd. on Golden Energy and Resources Limited’s issuance of $285m aggregate principal amount of 8.5% senior secured notes due 2026.
Other key lawyers:
‘The team has been very helpful and knowledgeable. They are very committed and flexible in working with us through a series of online meetings since most of our dealings have been during the COVID-19 pandemic. It is also evident that they have a good working relationship within their team.’
‘Kristo Molina and counsel Rika Rusman were very hands-on from the beginning. They were very patient in guiding us through our first M&A dealing and explained aspects of it in a practical manner as well as looking out for our best interest.’
‘The team has been very flexible during the pandemic in regards to online meetings and other methods of communications.’
‘Kristo Molina and Rika Rusman are very knowledgeable and are patient in explaining legal aspects of M&A to us.’
Bangkok Bank Public Company Limited (Thailand)
CVC Capital Partners
Pacific Century Group Holdings (PCG)
PT Avia Avian
PT Diamond Food Indonesia Tbk.
PT Garudafood Putra Putri Jaya Tbk
International Finance Corporation
- Advised Ooredoo Group on the merger of PT Indosat, an Indonesian subsidiary of Ooredoo Group, with PT Hutchison 3 Indonesia.
- Advised Bangkok Bank Plc on the integration of its Indonesian branch business (Bangkok Bank Indonesia) with PT Bank Permata Tbk (Bank Permata), an Indonesian public listed bank.
- Advised the receivers in the bankruptcy of CG Power System Belgium N.V., a global engineering company on the auction sale of its 95% stake in its subsidiary, PT CG Power Systems Indonesia.
Witara Cakra Advocates (WCA) in exclusive association with White & Case LLP Indonesia > Firm Profile
White & Case is an international law firm that serves companies, governments and financial institutions. Our long history as a global firm means we are uniquely placed to help our clients resolve their most complex legal challenges wherever they are.
Learn about the breadth of our industry experience
Explore how we deliver results for our clients
Discover where we work with our clients globally
Trends in German commercial litigationClimate change, data protection and cybersecurity litigation, as well as collective redress, are major trends and will have significant impact on key industries in Germany.
Published: February 2022
Authors: Juan Antonio Martín Vicente Corta Simon Micha
This country-specific Q&A provides an overview to Securitisation laws and regulations that may occur in Mexico.
Mexico: Banking & Finance
Published: March 2022
Authors: Carlos Mainero Andrés Mosqueira Wilbert Luna Arellanes Viridiana Alanis
This country-specific Q&A provides an overview to Banking & Finance laws and regulations that may occur in Mexico.
United States: Merger Control
Published: October 2021
Authors: Anna Kertesz Daniel Rosenthal Heather Greenfield Tamer Nagy
This country-specific Q&A provides an overview to Merger Control laws and regulations that may occur in United States.
Mexico: Renewable Energy
Published: May 2022
Authors: Francisco de Rosenzweig José Daniel Franco
This country-specific Q&A provides an overview to Renewable Energy laws and regulations that may occur in Mexico.
France: Restructuring & Insolvency
Published: June 2022
Authors: Saam Golshani Alexis A. Hojabr Alice Leonard Amélie Jungbluth Ophélie Clain
This country-specific Q&A provides an overview to Restructuring & Insolvency laws and regulations that may occur in France.
United States: Environment
Published: January 2022
Authors: Seth Kerschner Taylor Pullins Brittany Curcuru
This country-specific Q&A provides an overview to Environment laws and regulations that may occur in United States.