Mr Steven Richman > Seyfarth Shaw LLP > Atlanta, United States > Lawyer Profile
Seyfarth Shaw LLP Offices
1075 PEACHTREE STREET, NE
ATLANTA, GA 30309-3962
- Go to...
Mr Steven Richman
Institutional Investor; Co-Investments & Direct Equity; Private Equity & Pooled Funds; Corporate; Tax
Steven Richman is a partner in the Corporate Department of Seyfarth Shaw LLP’s Atlanta office. A tax attorney by training and a business attorney by practice, Mr. Richman represents institutional investors and business clients.
As a business counselor, Mr. Richman advises clients through the business life cycle, from choice of entity, through capital raise and growth phases (including various commercial transactions) and finally the implementation of an exit strategy. Through that process Mr. Richman assists clients with preparing for, designing, negotiating, and executing tax optimized business strategies and transactions. For some clients, he serves as de facto outside general counsel, providing guidance on day-to-day issues as well as on extraordinary corporate transactions. With a strong tax background, Mr. Richman regularly works with clients to navigate the intersection of business practicality and the intricacies of corporate and partnership taxation.
In the investment arena, Mr. Richman serves as investment counsel to institutional investors such as large public pension funds, private pension funds (large and small) and family offices. In that role, Mr. Richman represents clients in connection with their investments in private equity (both traditional private equity and real estate focused opportunities), hedge funds, direct equity, separate accounts, club deals, fund of funds, and other pooled investments. The investments cover all sectors and include both domestic and off-shore transactions.
LL.M., New York University (Tax) (2008); J.D., University of Georgia, cum laude (2007); B.A., Duke University
United States > Investment fund formation and management > Private equity funds (including venture capital)
Seyfarth Shaw LLP’s ‘dedicated‘ team has significant strength in investor-side mandates, which are the exclusive focus of the practice. Clients include prominent state retirement schemes from a range of industries. Washington DC-based Robert Bodansky (‘extremely proactive and commercial‘) and Jennifer Neilsson in Chicago and Steven Richman in Atlanta are also recommended.
- Private equity funds (including venture capital) - United States > Investment fund formation and management
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Labor and employment > Immigration
- Labor and employment > Labor-management relations
- Intellectual property > Trade secrets (litigation and non-contentious matters)
- Labor and employment > Workplace and employment counseling
- Real estate > Construction (including construction litigation)
- Labor and employment > ERISA litigation
- Labor and employment > Labor and employment disputes (including collective actions): defense
- M&A/corporate and commercial > M&A: middle-market (sub-$500m)
- Media, technology and telecoms > Cyber law (including data privacy and data protection)
- Dispute resolution > E-discovery
- Labor and employment > Employee benefits, executive compensation and retirement plans: design
- Government > Government contracts
- Real estate > Real estate
- Dispute resolution > Securities litigation - defense
- Dispute resolution > Corporate investigations and white-collar criminal defense
- Industry focus > Healthcare: service providers
- Investment fund formation and management > Private equity funds (including venture capital)
- Tax > US taxes: non-contentious