Mr Marshall Babson > Seyfarth Shaw LLP > New York, United States > Lawyer Profile
Seyfarth Shaw LLP Offices
620 8TH AVENUE
NEW YORK, NY 10018-1405
- Go to...
Mr Marshall Babson
Labor and Employment Department; Labor and Employee Relations Practice Group.
Marshall Babson is Counsel in the Labor & Employment Department in the New York and Washington offices of Seyfarth Shaw LLP. A former Member of the National Labor Relations Board (NLRB), Mr. Babson’s practice focuses on all aspects of labor relations, including litigation, counseling and arbitration. While serving as a Member of the NLRB, Mr. Babson participated in important cases which set forth new rules for pre-hire agreements, post-contract arbitration, and property rights. He has testified on the status of U.S. labor laws before Congress. He specializes in the acquisition, consolidation and reorganization of unionized businesses, the negotiation of international labor and industry collective bargaining agreements.
Counsel, Seyfarth Shaw LLP; Member, National Labor Relations Board (NLRB).
Member, Board of Directors of the U.S. Chamber Litigation Center, the U.S. Chamber’s public policy law firm; Serves on the Litigation Center’s Labor Law Advisory Committee; Board of Advisors of the Institute for Law and Economics, University of Pennsylvania; Founding Fellow, College of Labor and Employment Lawyers.
JD, Columbia University School of Law (1975); AB, University of Pennsylvania (1968).
Seyfarth Shaw LLP‘s traditional labor practice is experienced in representing clients in unfair labor practice charges as well as proceedings before the National Labor Relations Board and in labor arbitrations. The team also handles collective bargaining, union organizing campaigns and strikes, and it has companies from various industries, such as health care, sports, construction, hospitality, transportation, manufacturing and media, on its client roster. In Chicago, Bradford Livingston is an expert in collective bargaining negotiations, while Brian Stolzenbach specialises in developing strategies. Together with the San Francisco-based Joshua Henderson they lead the practice. Arthur Telegen in Boston and Stuart Newman in Atlanta are highlighted for their longstanding activity in labor management relations. Other noted practitioners are New York’s Marshall Babson and Howard Wexler, Kyllan Kershaw in Atlanta, Robert Fisher and associate Skelly Harper in Boston, as well as newly promoted partner Karla Sanchez in Chicago. Bryan O’Keefe strengthened the Washington DC office after joining from Kirkland & Ellis LLP in February 2019. Joseph Damato is also recommended in the same office.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Real estate > Construction (including construction litigation)
- Labor and employment > Immigration
- Labor and employment > Labor-management relations
- M&A/corporate and commercial > M&A: middle-market (sub-$500m)
- Intellectual property > Trade secrets (litigation and non-contentious matters)
- Labor and employment > Workplace and employment counseling
- Labor and employment > Employee benefits, executive compensation and retirement plans: design
- Labor and employment > ERISA litigation
- Labor and employment > Labor and employment disputes (including collective actions): defense
- Media, technology and telecoms > Cyber law (including data privacy and data protection)
- Dispute resolution > E-discovery
- Government > Government contracts
- Real estate > Real estate
- Dispute resolution > Securities litigation: defense
- Industry focus > Healthcare: advice to service providers
- Investment funds > Private equity funds (including venture capital)
- Tax > US taxes: non-contentious