Mr Jason Kaplan > Schulte Roth & Zabel LLP > New York, United States > Lawyer Profile
Schulte Roth & Zabel LLP Offices
919 THIRD AVENUE
NEW YORK, NY 10022
- Go to...
Mr Jason Kaplan
Investment Management, Hedge Funds, Private Equity, Regulatory & Compliance
Jason S. Kaplan concentrates on corporate and securities matters for investment managers and alternative investment funds. Jason represents institutional and entrepreneurial investment managers, financial services firms and private investment funds in all aspects of their business. Jason’s practice focuses on advising managers of hedge, private equity and hybrid funds regarding the structure of their businesses and on day-to-day operational, securities, corporate and compliance issues; structuring and negotiating seed and strategic investments and relationships and joint ventures; and advising investment managers with respect to regulatory and compliance issues.
Jason’s recent speaking engagements include discussing “Regulatory and Tax,” at SRZ’s 6th Annual Private Equity Fund Conference, discussing “Insurance Dedicated Funds and Related Strategies” and leading “A Conversation with Jason Dillow, Bardin Hill Investment Partners LP,” SRZ’s 28th Annual Private Investment Funds Seminar, discussing “Shareholder Activism” at SRZ’s 27th Annual Private Investment Funds Seminar and “Credit and Hybrid Funds” at SRZ’s 26th Annual Private Investment Funds Seminar. His recent publications include co-authoring “Information Security: Obligations and Expectations,” an SRZ White Paper.
American Bar Association.
Fordham University School of Law, JD, Fordham Law Review; University of Michigan, BS.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Investment funds > Alternative/hedge funds
- Finance > Structured finance: derivatives and structured products
- M&A/corporate and commercial > M&A: middle-market ($500m-999m)
- Finance > Structured finance: securitization
- Investment funds > Private equity funds (including venture capital)
- Labor and employment > ERISA litigation
- Finance > Financial services regulation
- Dispute resolution > M&A litigation: defense
- Real estate > Real estate
- Dispute resolution > Securities litigation: defense
- Tax > US taxes: non-contentious
- Dispute resolution > General commercial disputes
- Dispute resolution > Corporate investigations and white-collar criminal defense
- M&A/corporate and commercial > Shareholder activism