Mr Michael Subak > Troutman Pepper > Philadelphia, United States > Lawyer Profile
Troutman Pepper Offices
3000 Two Logan Square, Eighteenth and Arch Streets
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19103-2799
- Go to...
Mr Michael Subak
Construction Practice Group
Michael Subak is chair of the firm’s Construction practice group. His practice focuses on construction litigation where he has represented owners, EPC contractors, construction managers, general contractors and subcontractors in a variety of disputes on projects ranging in size from $1 million to more than $10 billion. He has tried to “verdict or award” numerous disputes involving substantial capital projects in the energy (coal, nuclear, solar and gas-fired power plants) and infrastructure markets (airports, pipeline and transmission lines), as well as commercial development projects.
Admitted to practice in Pennsylvania.
J.D., University of Pittsburgh School of Law, 1994; B.A., Political Science, cum laude, Middlebury College, 1989
Noted for the variety of its client base and its breadth of expertise, Troutman Pepper‘s construction team has continued to strengthen its position in the market. Among the team’s recent highlights, New York-based practice co-head Aaron Abraham advised Brookfield Properties on a variety of design, construction, and technology issues, and also negotiated agreements for JPMorgan in relation to its new corporate headquarters. Other names to note in New York are Kevin Wallace and associate Alana Sliwinski, both of whom have experience of residential, commercial and infrastructure developments. In Los Angeles, construction and commercial litigator Marion Hack has handled claims involving construction defects and unpaid invoices, and, in Atlanta, Jason McLarry was involved in arbitration concerning a wind energy project, and also handled a cross-border dispute for a luxury travel company. Michael Subak in Philadelphia jointly chairs the practice group.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Industry focus > Energy regulation: conventional power
- Dispute resolution > Product liability, mass tort and class action - defense: pharmaceuticals and medical devices
- Real estate > Construction (including construction litigation)
- Dispute resolution > E-discovery
- Industry focus > Energy: renewable/alternative power
- Industry focus > Energy regulation: oil and gas
- Industry focus > Environment: litigation
- Industry focus > Environment: regulatory
- Industry focus > Environment: transactional
- Industry focus > Insurance: advice to insurers
- Real estate > Real estate
- Finance > Commercial lending
- Finance > Project finance