Heyward Bonyata > Nelson Mullins Riley & Scarborough LLP > Columbia, United States > Lawyer Profile
Nelson Mullins Riley & Scarborough LLP Offices
MERIDIAN, 17TH FLOOR
1320 MAIN STREET
COLUMBIA, SC 29201
- Go to...
Heyward Bonyata practices in the areas of electronic discovery, information management, business litigation, antitrust litigation, and pharmaceutical and medical device litigation.
- The Sedona Conference
- Member, working group on electronic document retention & production
- DRI – The Voice of the Defense Bar
- Past Editor-in-Chief, E-discovery Connection
- South Carolina Bar
- South Carolina Women Lawyers Association
- Richland County Bar Association
University of South Carolina School of Law, JD magna cum laude (2007), University of South Carolina, BS, magna cum laude (2004)
The team at Nelson Mullins Riley & Scarborough LLP is composed of project managers, technologists and analysts, as well as e-discovery attorneys, enabling it to offer a full service to clients. Key areas of expertise for the firm include data privacy issues, antitrust and fraud, particularly in relation to health insurance investigations, which is a wider firm specialism. The team is able to draw on dedicated data centers, enabling it to host client data, streamlining the analytics and document review process. Based in Columbia, litigator John Martin, whose practice is at the crossroads between litigation, e-discovery, information management and cybersecurity. In the same office, Lucile Cohen and Heyward Bonyata regularly serve as counsel in complex litigation and government investigations, in addition to advising on information management issues; Julie Flaming focuses on e-discovery and litigation readiness, as well as litigation in the healthcare and life sciences sectors.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Dispute resolution > Product liability, mass tort and class action - defense: toxic tort
- Industry focus > Transport: rail and road - litigation and regulation
- Government > Government relations
- M&A/corporate and commercial > M&A: middle-market (sub-$500m)
- Industry focus > Healthcare: advice to service providers
- Real estate > Real estate