Mr Scott Vetri > Katten > New York, United States > Lawyer Profile
575 MADISON AVENUE
NEW YORK, NY 10022-2585
- Go to...
Mr Scott Vetri
Scott Vetri serves as the co-head of the New York Real Estate practice. He has spent his career assembling and closing sophisticated commercial real estate transactions. In his national practice, he represents owners, funds and developers in financings, acquisitions, dispositions, leases and joint ventures.
Scott is in his element when working on a complex, time-sensitive transaction. Clients rely on his years of experience to drive their important deals from initial negotiations through to a successful closing. Having previously served as chief legal officer of Ark Investment Partners, an international, institutionally capitalized real estate fund and property management company, Scott views each matter from a client’s perspective. He also has past lender-side experience.
In deals that present unusual challenges, Scott is an asset to his clients. They include operators and managers of multifamily, office, industrial and hotel properties; in one instance, he successfully completed the sale of a hotel while it was still under construction. Whatever the complications on a particular deal, Scott frequently anticipates the challenges ahead and finds creative solutions to them. His goal for every matter is to close the deal efficiently and within his client’s time constraints.
Scott is a member of the Urban Land Institute (ULI).
JD, Syracuse University College of Law, magna cum laude, 1995; MCRP, Edward J. Bloustein School of Planning and Public Policy, Rutgers The State University of New Jersey; BA, Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, cum laude, 1988
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- M&A/corporate and commercial > M&A: middle-market (sub-$500m)
- Finance > Structured finance: derivatives and structured products
- Finance > Structured finance: securitization
- Investment fund formation and management > Alternative/hedge funds
- Intellectual property > Copyright
- Dispute resolution > Securities litigation: defense
- Intellectual property > Trademarks: litigation
- Industry focus > Transport: aviation and air travel - finance
- Dispute resolution > Financial services litigation
- Media, technology and telecoms > Media and entertainment: litigation
- Media, technology and telecoms > Media and entertainment: transactional
- Real estate > Real estate
- Finance > Restructuring (including bankruptcy): corporate
- Industry focus > Sport
- Dispute resolution > General commercial disputes
- Industry focus > Healthcare: service providers
- M&A/corporate and commercial > Venture capital and emerging companies
- Tax > US taxes: non-contentious
- Finance > Financial services regulation
- Finance > Commercial lending
- Dispute resolution > Corporate investigations and white-collar criminal defense