Mr Joseph Topolski > Katten > New York, United States > Lawyer Profile
575 MADISON AVENUE
NEW YORK, NY 10022-2585
- Go to...
Mr Joseph Topolski
Structured Finance and Securitization
For more than 25 years, Joe Topolski has helped banks, captive finance companies, independent specialty finance companies, private equity and hedge funds, and other financial entities obtain financing for their portfolios of consumer and commercial loans and other financial assets. Finance companies in a wide range of industries, including automotive, commercial equipment, marketplace lending and small business lending, rely on Joe’s broad knowledge of the market to help them obtain cost effective, efficient and innovative solutions to their financing needs.
Joe understands the importance to all parties in getting the deal done, and is well-known for his ability to come up with practical solutions and proactively manage the process to ensure smooth transaction execution. In addition to spending over two decades as outside counsel, Joe also spent a portion of his career as in-house counsel for a leading captive finance company. As a result, he has unique insights into issues facing finance companies beyond the immediate financing transaction, as well as the issues that concern their counterparties in the transaction. These insights, coupled with his years of experience, mean he can spot and avoid roadblocks that could otherwise cause delays.
Joe’s clients range from large public companies doing $1 to $2 billion financings to smaller private companies doing $50 to $100 million financings, involving a wide range of asset classes, including auto loans and leases, dealer floorplan finance loans, equipment loans and leases, small business loans and merchant cash advances, litigation and medical finance loans, and personal loans. Because he has worked with a wide variety of asset classes, Joe is able to use concepts for different sectors of the structured finance market to develop innovative solutions for his clients.
Mr. Topolski is a member of the State Bar of Michigan and the American Securitization Forum.
JD, University of Michigan Law School; BA, University of Michigan
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- M&A/corporate and commercial > M&A: middle-market (sub-$500m)
- Finance > Structured finance: derivatives and structured products
- Finance > Structured finance: securitization
- Investment fund formation and management > Alternative/hedge funds
- Intellectual property > Copyright
- Dispute resolution > Securities litigation: defense
- Intellectual property > Trademarks: litigation
- Industry focus > Transport: aviation and air travel - finance
- Dispute resolution > Financial services litigation
- Media, technology and telecoms > Media and entertainment: litigation
- Media, technology and telecoms > Media and entertainment: transactional
- Real estate > Real estate
- Finance > Restructuring (including bankruptcy): corporate
- Industry focus > Sport
- Dispute resolution > General commercial disputes
- Industry focus > Healthcare: service providers
- M&A/corporate and commercial > Venture capital and emerging companies
- Tax > US taxes: non-contentious
- Finance > Financial services regulation
- Finance > Commercial lending
- Dispute resolution > Corporate investigations and white-collar criminal defense