Mr Stanford Renas > Katten > New York, United States > Lawyer Profile
575 MADISON AVENUE
NEW YORK, NY 10022-2585
- Go to...
Mr Stanford Renas
Structured Finance and Securitization
With clients that include some of the largest banks, funds and corporates in the world, Stanford Renas is a respected thought-leader in the structured finance community who clients seek out high-dollar transactions and cutting-edge structures.
Stan helps clients structure, negotiate, document and execute complex financial transactions in the energy, oil and gas and metals sectors, including borrowing base facilities, renewable energy transactions, intermediation facilities, tolling arrangements and structured bullion and base metals transactions. Stan also represents underwriters, issuers, institutional investors, collateral managers and sponsors in a wide range of matters involving the securitization or re-packaging of traditional and non-traditional assets. He has extensive experience using “cash flow,” “market value” and hybrid structures, and is a leading practitioner in the CLO market. In addition, Stan represents issuers, sponsors, derivatives dealers and end-users in a broad range of transactions, including structured swaps, total return instruments, credit derivatives, repo contracts and other types of structured products.
Stan has significant experience in domestic and cross-border trade receivables securitization, asset-based finance, factoring, supply chain/vendor finance, trade finance and other receivables monetization strategies. He regularly advises clients on the creation and management of bespoke receivables finance transactions.
JD, Columbia Law School, 1997; BS, The Pennsylvania State University, 1994
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- M&A/corporate and commercial > M&A: middle-market (sub-$500m)
- Finance > Structured finance: derivatives and structured products
- Finance > Structured finance: securitization
- Investment fund formation and management > Alternative/hedge funds
- Intellectual property > Copyright
- Dispute resolution > Securities litigation: defense
- Intellectual property > Trademarks: litigation
- Industry focus > Transport: aviation and air travel - finance
- Dispute resolution > Financial services litigation
- Media, technology and telecoms > Media and entertainment: litigation
- Media, technology and telecoms > Media and entertainment: transactional
- Real estate > Real estate
- Finance > Restructuring (including bankruptcy): corporate
- Industry focus > Sport
- Dispute resolution > General commercial disputes
- Industry focus > Healthcare: service providers
- M&A/corporate and commercial > Venture capital and emerging companies
- Tax > US taxes: non-contentious
- Finance > Financial services regulation
- Finance > Commercial lending
- Dispute resolution > Corporate investigations and white-collar criminal defense