Ms Ximena Tercero > Arias > Guatemala, Guatemala > Lawyer Profile
DIAGONAL 6 10-01 ZONA 10
CENTRO GERENCIAL LAS MARGARITAS TORRE II, OFICINA 402 B
GUATEMALA CITY, GUATEMALA C A
- Go to...
Ms Ximena Tercero
- Corporate and Commercial Law
- Energy Law
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Taxes and Fiscal Planning
- Ximena has been a Partner of Arias Guatemala since January 2016, and has been a member of Arias since 2008. She is in charge of the Tax Department in the Guatemala offices, which includes the practice of customs law, international trade, and transfer prices. She has experience in corporate and commercial law, having advised various business groups in Guatemala regarding their structuring, mergers and acquisitions. She has worked on issues related to intellectual property, trusts and, atypical contracts and has participated in projects related to the electricity sector and information law.
- She has worked as an assistant professor at Rafael Landívar University in Guatemala and as a full-time professor at Universidad del Valle de Guatemala and at Universidad del Istmo de Guatemala.
- Ximena has been elected as a member of the Board of Directors (Vocal 1) of the Guatemalan Institute of Tax Law, for the period 2017-2019, and is a member of the Board of Directors (Vocal II) of the International Fiscal Association (IFA Guatemala) since its foundation in 2017. She has also represented Guatemala before the Latin American Institute of Tax Law since November 2018 and as such, Vice President of the Organizing Committee of the Latin American Seminars of Tax Law (ILADT) Guatemala 2020.
- Guatemala Bar Association since 2004.
- International Fiscal Association (IFA).
- Guatemalan Institute of Tax Law.
- International Bar Association (IBA).
- Bachelor of Law and Social Sciences – Cum Laude – Lawyer and Notary degrees. Faculty of Law and Social Sciences of Universidad Rafael Landivar, Guatemala.
- Degree in Commercial Law. Pontificia Universidad Javeriana, Bogotá, Colombia.
- Degree in Corporate and Tax Law. Universidad del Istmo, Guatemala.
- Studies in Management Engineering. Universidad Rafael Landivar, Guatemala.
Lawyer Rankings(Next Generation Partners)
Arias has been particularly active recently advising on customs tax issues, as well as advising technology companies on the growing area of digital services taxation. The team acts primarily for multinationals operating in Central America, often advising on cross-border issues alongside the firm’s other offices in the region; its areas of strength include the retail, oil and gas, logistics and BPO sectors. In addition, the team advises on the tax aspects of financial, M&A and real estate transactions and draws on its strong litigation department to handle tax disputes. An increasingly established figure, practice head Ximena Tercero is experienced in transfer pricing and international trade matters, and is a key member of the firm’s pro bono practice. Associate Elisa Lacs is noted for her customs law expertise.