Mr Benjamin Lyon > Debevoise & Plimpton LLP > London, England > Lawyer Profile
Debevoise & Plimpton LLP Offices
65 GRESHAM STREET
- Go to...
Mr Benjamin Lyon
Benjamin Lyon is an English - and New Zealand-qualified international counsel in the Corporate Department and a member of the firm’s Financial Institutions Group.
Mr. Lyon focuses on corporate transactions in the insurance and asset management industries, including mergers & acquisitions, regulatory matters and corporate governance, as well as all other aspects of corporate law, with significant experience in acting on a wide range of public and private transactions, capital markets transactions, joint ventures and other transactions both in the UK and internationally. He regularly advises insurers, asset managers, corporates, private equity clients and investment banks.
Prior to joining Debevoise in 2012, Mr. Lyon worked as a senior in-house counsel at a major international financial institution focusing on all legal aspects of the institution’s investment banking activities and previously worked for a leading international law firm as a senior associate in the corporate team from 2006 until 2010.
Mr. Lyon is a member of the UK Chartered Insurance Institute and the British Insurance Law Association.
Mr. Lyon graduated from Auckland University in 2002 with degrees in Law and Commerce (Finance and Accounting).
Mr. Lyon was admitted as a solicitor of the Senior Courts of England & Wales in 2012 and a barrister and solicitor of the High Court of New Zealand in 2002.
Lawyer Rankings(Next Generation Partners)
Debevoise & Plimpton LLP handles complex, cross-border M&A transactions as well as provding advice on the full gamut of regulatory issues for insurance sector clients. The firm is also recommended for its work in reinsurance as well as capital markets and financing. Practice head Clare Swirski focuses on insurance-based M&A, share and business sales, reinsurance and the effects Solvency II. Co-head James C Scoville deals with transactions involving insurance companies. Benjamin Lyon, a dual English and New Zealand-qualified international counsel, advises on M&A in the Lloyd’s market.
- Next Generation Partners - London > Insurance > Insurance: corporate and regulatory
- Insurance: corporate and regulatory - London > Insurance
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Investment fund formation and management > Fund finance
- Dispute resolution > Public international law
- Risk advisory > Regulatory investigations and corporate crime (advice to corporates)
- Industry focus > Emerging markets
- Insurance > Insurance: corporate and regulatory
- Dispute resolution > International arbitration
- Investment fund formation and management > Private funds
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: premium
- Finance > Acquisition finance
- Real estate > Construction: contentious
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate tax
- Corporate and commercial > Private equity: transactions – high-value deals (£250m+)
- Corporate and commercial > EU and competition