Crowell & Moring > London, England > Firm Profile
Crowell & Moring Offices
25 OLD BROAD STREET
Crowell & Moring > The Legal 500 Rankings
Crowell & Moring > Firm Profile
Crowell & Moring’s innovative and entrepreneurial approach has been central to the firm’s growth in London, where we have been operating since 1991. Our London office serves both local and international clients. Global in nature, our London office provides a full range of services to both local and international clients, offering focused and commercial legal advice.
Our capabilities in London include global litigation, financial services, commercial lending, energy and infrastructure, competition, dispute resolution and recovery, restructuring and insolvency, M&A, corporate and commercial work, including corporate finance, international trade, international dispute resolution, and arbitration. We are constantly evolving our London offering to ensure that we can provide our clients with the very best legal advice across the whole range of practice areas where our clients may require legal advice, wherever they are situated. Our aim is to work with our clients to understand the nature of your business, how we can best assist to achieve your aims and enable us to provide the bespoke and cost-effective advice clients require.
Our London lawyers work in practice groups that are fully integrated with our other offices in mainland Europe and the US, offering seamless service in cross-border transactions and disputes. While we are well versed in putting together substantial, international teams for large transactions and cases, clients of our London office also have easy access to our high-caliber team in the United States and Brussels for immediate and personalized attention.
We represent national and multinational companies and financial institutions clients in the United Kingdom, continental Europe, North and South America, Asia, the Middle East, and North Africa, and are well-placed to assist our clients in issues arising across the globe.
Crowell & Moring is authorised and regulated by the Solicitors’ Regulation Authority – SRA ID No. 73848
|London Office Managing Partner; Global Litigation and Financial Services||Robert Weekes, Managing Partner, Londonemail@example.com||+44.20.7413.1320|
|Mr Robin Baillie||Partner||View Profile|
|Mr Simon Evers||Partner||View Profile|
|Mr Andrew Knight||Partner||View Profile|
|Ms Michelle Linderman||Partner||View Profile|
|Mr Mark Meyer||Partner||View Profile|
|Mr Paul Muscutt||Partner||View Profile|
|Mr Robert Weekes||Partner||View Profile|
|Ms Cathryn Williams||Partner||View Profile|
|Mr Laurence Winston||Partner||View Profile|
|Mr David (Dj) Wolff||Partner||View Profile|
Staff FiguresNumber of UK partners : 17 Number of other UK fee-earners : 23
LanguagesGerman Russian Hebrew Dutch Italian Mandarin Swedish
MembershipsChartered Institute of Arbitrators (CIArb) London Court of International Arbitration (LCIA) R3
At Crowell & Moring, diversity is about creating a culture of inclusion. We are a multinational firm that embraces different backgrounds, ideas, traditions, and perspectives, where people are recognized for who they are—for their unique talents and perspectives.
Demonstrating the firm’s willingness to commit significant resources to this effort, we:
· Achieved Mansfield 2.0 Certification status in 2019. The Mansfield Rule measures whether law firms have affirmatively considered women, lawyers of color, and LGBTQ+ lawyers — at least 30 percent of the candidate pool — for significant leadership and governance roles in the firm (for example, practice group leaders and management board) as well as promotions to equity partner and senior-level lateral hiring.
· Launched Sponsorship 2.0—Yearly Cohort. Building on our foundation of sponsorship, we collaborated with an external consultant to create an opportunity for 36 lawyers—associates, counsel, and partners—to participate in sponsorship circles, with workshops and informal gatherings. The purpose of the program is to: 1) build and maintain a strong pipeline of talent; 2) promote access to critical relationships across the business; 3) broaden diverse talent visibility; 4) accelerate key development opportunities; and 5) encourage application of intangible leadership success.
· Hosted our second bi-annual Diversity Retreat in 2019. We brought together the firm’s LGBTQ+ attorneys and attorneys of color for two days of networking and professional development opportunities. Topics discussed have included building your personal brand; cultivating communications skills; increasing cultural competency in order to acknowledge, discuss, and use to our collective advantage ours and others’ differences; defining your own path to success; bringing your authentic self to work; and the ways in which our diverse attorneys feel that the firm can increase our resources in all of these areas. We have also hosted a panel of diverse, in-house counsel that underscored many of these themes. Our next retreat will take place in 2021.
Other items of note:
· We continue to foster community-building within the firm. The firm has affinity and inclusion networks for African American attorneys, Asian American and Pacific Islander attorneys, Hispanic and Latino attorneys, LGBTQ+ attorneys, women-identifying attorneys, Caregivers (for both attorneys and staff), and balanced-hours attorneys.
· We are actively engaged with organizations dedicated to furthering diversity in the profession, including the Leadership Council on Legal Diversity, the Center for Talent Innovation’s Task Force for Talent Innovation, Minority Corporate Counsel Association, Diversity & Flexibility Alliance, and California Minority Counsel Program. Firm lawyers are not just active but leaders in bars including the National Asian Pacific American Bar Association, Hispanic National Bar Association, National LGBT Bar Association, and local affiliates of these organizations.
· We have ranked among Working Mother’s “Best Law Firms for Women” for the past eight years.
· We have received a 100% score on the HRC’s Corporate Equality Index for eight consecutive years and were listed among the top law firms for minority attorneys in Law360’s Diversity Snapshot.
- Finance > Asset based lending