Steve Park > Ballard Spahr LLP > New York, United States > Lawyer Profile
Ballard Spahr LLP Offices
NEW YORK, NY 10019-5820
- Go to...
Partner and co-leader of the firm’s P3/Infrastructure Group and is a partner in the Public Finance Group
Steve T. Park is a co-leader of the firm’s P3/Infrastructure Group and is a partner in the Public Finance Group. He is a public-private partnership (P3) lawyer who routinely advises public entities, private developers, and lenders in all phases of transportation, infrastructure, energy, social infrastructure, innovative delivery, and P3 projects.
Steve is based in Philadelphia and has significant experience advising issuers, developers and lenders in connection with project financings for utilities (including water, wastewater and energy facilities), solid waste disposal facilities (including waste to energy facilities), and transportation and infrastructure facilities. Steve routinely represents insurance companies, finance companies, and institutional investors in connection with the private placement of debt.
National Association of Bond Lawyers
Pennsylvania Association of Bond Lawyers
National Asian Pacific American Bar Association
Ballard Spahr’s Philadelphia Hiring Committee
University of Pennsylvania Law School (J.D. 2006)
Senior Editor, Journal of International Economic Law
Dartmouth College (B.A. 1998)
Ballard Spahr LLP has broad capabilities across the full range of renewable energy mandates, assisting lenders and project sponsors with a combination of project finance, development, construction arrangements and transactional matters. The team is also well positioned to act for investors in the acquisition and sale of renewable projects encompassing a wide range of technologies, including solar, offshore and onshore wind, biogas, biodiesel, geothermal electric generation and hydroelectric facilities. The department is jointly led by two practitioners based in Philadelphia: Steve Park and Patrick Gillard, the latter of whom has a sophisticated utility finance practice which also covers complex capitalization structures and M&A transactions. Raymond Faricy in Minneapolis has notable strength in wind and solar power projects, where he advises developers and owners at all stages of project development, land rights, power purchase agreements and financing issues. Based in Las Vegas, Bruce Johnson is recommended for the development and financing of energy generation and transmission facilities.
Advising both sponsors and lenders, Ballard Spahr LLP maintains a multi-faceted project finance practice that is active across all major forms of energy, including solar, hydroelectric, onshore wind, landfill gas and agricultural biomass. Also active in the infrastructure space, the firm provides ‘excellent legal services during all stages of transportation public-private partnerships projects, from the development stage to the operating period.’ Philadelphia-based duo Patrick Gillard and Steve Park lead the department; the former combines his project finance expertise with knowledge of public utility law and wholesale energy regulation to assist with utilities finance issues, while the latter is considered by one client to be ‘the number one contributor to the success of P3 projects‘.
- Energy: renewable/alternative power - United States > Industry focus
- Project finance - United States > Finance
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Real estate > Land use/zoning
- M&A/corporate and commercial > M&A: middle-market (sub-$500m)
- Finance > Restructuring (including bankruptcy): municipal
- Labor and employment > Employee benefits, executive compensation and retirement plans: design
- Industry focus > Energy: renewable/alternative power
- Media, technology and telecoms > Fintech
- Labor and employment > Labor-management relations
- Dispute resolution > Product liability, mass tort and class action - defense: automotive/transport
- Real estate > Real estate investment trusts (REITs)
- Dispute resolution > Financial services litigation
- Media, technology and telecoms > Media and entertainment: litigation
- Real estate > Real estate
- Real estate > Real estate finance
- Antitrust > Civil litigation/class actions: defense
- Finance > Financial services regulation
- Dispute resolution > Securities litigation: defense
- Dispute resolution > Corporate investigations and white-collar criminal defense
- Finance > Project finance