Lucy Worwood > Browne Jacobson LLP > Nottingham, England > Lawyer Profile
Browne Jacobson LLP Offices
CASTLE MEADOW ROAD
- Go to...
Business services: private client and charities
Lucy advises many significant leading family businesses on their estate and succession planning. She has advised many of her clients for years and has directly received regular referrals of trust law work from offshore trustees since 2000. She is also referred work by many accountants and other professionals. She has also been involved in tenders for the legal work for landed estates which the firm has won and regularly speaks at client events jointly hosted with contacts and referrers.
This year Lucy has also assisted various clients, who are household names, with their Wills and estate planning. This has involved advising about and implementing complex Wills and life time planning.
There are many other successful family business owners advised by Lucy and her existing clients keep her very busy. However she is always excited to have the opportunity to meet potential new clients and referrers of work.
Member of STEP and Charity Law Association
- Solicitor – admitted September 1997
- Law degree – MA Cantab
Lawyer Rankings(Leading individuals)
The highly-regarded team at Browne Jacobson LLP is ‘very knowledgeable and easy to work with’ owing to its extensive history working with private clients, often for several generations, in wealth structuring, UK and offshore trust structuring and contentions work. Practice head Lucy Worwood advises many significant leading family businesses on their estate and succession planning, and is highly experienced in personal tax and will drafting, among other areas. Wenna Thompson is another key figure in the Nottingham office.
Browne Jacobson LLP has recently expanded its inheritance tax, agricultural estate and succession planning capabilities with the hire of partner Imogen Holmes from Wilkin Chapman LLP in June 2021, in addition to a number of experienced associate arrivals. Robert Wofinden deals with property development and strategic land transactions, while Lucy Worwood, head of the private client unit, focuses on tax, estate and succession planning.
- Leading individuals - East Midlands > Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Personal tax, trusts and probate - East Midlands > Private client
- Agriculture and estates - East Midlands > Private client
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Nottingham and Derby
- Real estate > Commercial property: Nottingham and Derby
- Real estate > Construction
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Nottingham and Derby
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Insurance > Personal injury and clinical negligence: defendant
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Real estate > Planning and environment
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Private finance initiative (PFI)
- Insurance > Professional negligence
- Public sector > Public sector
- Real estate > Social housing
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport