Adrian Shardlow > Browne Jacobson LLP > Nottingham, England > Lawyer Profile
Browne Jacobson LLP Offices
CASTLE MEADOW ROAD
- Go to...
Adrian has represented schools, colleges and education institutions for over 25 years, initially in litigation and over the last 10 years on school and academy trust structures and governance. Adrian represented successful Defendant in the High Court matter of NWABUDIKE v SOUTHWARK LONDON BOROUGH COUNCIL (1996) in which the school was found not responsible in a negligence action relating to a child who had absconded from a school.
Adrian has been heavily involved in the academy conversions programme across the country and leads the academy conversions team from the Nottingham office. Adrian has supported all categories of school through the conversion process, including mainstream, special, pupil referral units, VA, VC, foundation and trust schools. In addition, he has also advised schools, colleges and local authorities on a wide range of education law and academy issues including group structures and sponsorship. Adrian currently acts for academy trusts and sponsors in merger and rebrokerage projects.
Adrian has presented at large numbers of sector events in the past 12 months and has shared platforms with ASCL, the DFE, the Institute of Chartered Accountants, and various sector commercial suppliers including PS Financials.
Adrian is regularly asked to present as a guest speaker at academies updates sessions for firms of accountants.
Adrian regularly presents a slot on academies and multi-academy trusts for Mercia Training aimed at training accountants on developments in the academies and multi-academies sector. These events take place every year in June and September in The East Midlands and London respectively.
Adrian has supported many groups of schools in developing their strategy for group working and thereafter creating Multi-Academy Trusts and providing further advice and support when they expand or take on further schools. This year Adrian has been heavily involved with partnerships of schools looking to formulate their strategies for the future and he has facilitated a number working party group session meetings as a preliminary to creating group structures and Multi-Academy Trusts.
Trained Browne Jacobson; qualified 1992; partner Browne Jacobson LLP 2000.
- Forum of Insurance Lawyers (FOIL)
- Nottinghamshire Law Society
- Nottingham Medico – Legal Society
University of Kent (BA (Hons) Law and Economics).
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Nottingham and Derby
- Real estate > Commercial property: Nottingham and Derby
- Real estate > Construction
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Nottingham and Derby
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Insurance > Personal injury and clinical negligence: defendant
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Real estate > Planning and environment
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Private finance initiative (PFI)
- Insurance > Professional negligence
- Public sector > Public sector
- Real estate > Social housing
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport