Georgina Powling > Addleshaw Goddard > Leeds, England > Lawyer Profile
Addleshaw Goddard Offices
3 SOVEREIGN SQUARE
- Go to...
Partner in the commercial department, specialising in intellectual property. Georgina advises on a broad range of intellectual property matters, with a particular emphasis on agreements relating to the exploitation of IP rights including patent, trade mark and software licensing, research and development arrangements, confidentiality agreements and franchise agreements. She also has significant experience on IP matters in the context of corporate and finance transactions.
Promoted to partner in 2016.
Trained at Linklaters LLP.
Qualified in March 2008.
Six month secondment at Princes Trust as national legal adviser.
Joined Addleshaw Goddard in 2011.
Licensing Executive Society.
University of Oxford – Postgraduate Diploma in Intellectual Property Law and Practice
Nottingham Law School – PgDL (Distinction) and LPC (Distinction)
University of Cambridge – MA Hons Medical Sciences (Class I)
Skiing, cycling, travel
Yorkshire and the Humber > TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual propertyWithin: Leading individuals -
Addleshaw Goddard‘s team is highlighted for its strength in advising its impressive client roster of household names on the full range of non-contentious matters. It is frequently instructed by a range of national and international blue-chip companies in corporate transactions with complex IP elements. Practice head Georgina Powling is well-regarded for her expertise in advising on M&A and finance transactions, as well as commercial agreements and research and development agreements. The group benefits from the ability to leverage the firm’s commercial disputes team in contentious matters.
- Leading individuals - Yorkshire and the Humber > TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- Intellectual property - Yorkshire and the Humber > TMT (technology, media and telecoms)
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Dispute resolution > Banking litigation
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Leeds and West Yorkshire; North Yorkshire
- Real estate > Commercial property: Leeds and West Yorkshire; North Yorkshire
- Real estate > Construction
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Leeds, West Yorkshire, North Yorkshire
- Human resources > Employment: Leeds and West Yorkshire; North Yorkshire
- Projects, energy and natural resources (including PFI) > Energy
- Corporate and commercial > EU and competition
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Public sector > Local government
- Human resources > Pensions
- Insurance > Professional negligence: claimant
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Public sector > Health
- Projects, energy and natural resources (including PFI) > Infrastructure
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate tax
- Real estate > Planning