Mr Robin Atkin > Ward Hadaway LLP > Newcastle upon Tyne, England > Lawyer Profile
Ward Hadaway LLP Offices
NEWCASTLE UPON TYNE
- Go to...
Mr Robin Atkin
Robin specialises in planning, village green, highways and compulsory purchase work.
He represents a broad range of clients including residential and commercial developers, estates, public sector organisations and private individuals.
Robin is also an integral member of the property development team supporting colleagues on the planning aspects of development agreements including contracts, options and leases.
He is widely recognised as an expert in planning issues including regular advice on the interpretation of planning permissions, advice regarding certificates of lawful use, drafting and negotiation of Section 106 Agreements and other more general planning advice.
Robin also has a particular specialism in village green and highways matters (specifically public rights of way) and has advised numerous landowners/developers regarding their landholding and how best to seek to prevent applications arising for village green or modifications to the definitive map. He has acted for major house builders and major landowning estates in seeking to resist village green applications made over considerable areas of land with development potential, such matters often proceeding to inquiry and involving novel points of law.
Robin has also acted for a statutory utility in making a number of compulsory purchase orders along the Northumberland Coast and acted at an inquiry in seeking the confirmation of the orders, one of which involved the special parliamentary procedure.
Lawyer Rankings(Leading individuals)
With expertise across the North East as well as the ability to leverage the firm’s national network of offices, Ward Hadaway LLP‘s team of planning lawyers, chartered town planners and planning technicians handles planning applications, appeals and enforcement issues alongside development plans, village green matters and contentious planning mandates. The group is particularly active in the residential sector, regularly acting for national housebuilders and social housing registered providers. Highway matter experts Robin Atkin and Kamran Hyder jointly lead the practice, which also fields Nick Gholkar, who excels in section 106 agreements.
Ward Hadaway LLP’s built environment team provides property clients with the full range of advice, acting for housebuilders, commercial developers, occupiers, investors and public sector clients. The group also has notable experience in the mining and mineral, leisure, industrial, logistics, social housing and charity sectors, and works closely with the firm’s wider corporate, banking and construction teams. Planning specialist Robin Atkin and development expert Lesley Fairclough jointly lead the department, which also includes Heather Markham, who has ‘a keen commercial perspective’, mining and quarry expert Alex Cox, housebuilder contact Sophie Bohill and public sector expert Saji Bratch.
- Commercial property: Newcastle - North > Real estate
- Leading individuals - North > Real estate > Planning and environment
- Planning and environment - North > Real estate
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Newcastle
- Real estate > Commercial property: Newcastle
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Newcastle
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate tax
- Employment > Employment
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Energy
- Public sector > Health
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Licensing
- Insurance > Personal injury and clinical negligence: defendant
- Real estate > Planning and environment
- Real estate > Property litigation