Mr Steven Petrie > Ward Hadaway LLP > Newcastle upon Tyne, England > Lawyer Profile
Ward Hadaway LLP Offices
NEWCASTLE UPON TYNE
- Go to...
Mr Steven Petrie
Insolvency and Corporate Recovery
Steven joined Ward Hadaway has over 23 years’ legal experience.
He has extensive experience in both contentious and non-contentious insolvency matters with a particular focus on contentious matters.
He is well known around the country by insolvency practitioners and has developed a sound knowledge of tracing assets abroad and realising these assets for the benefit of creditors.
Steven has extensive experience advising the leading insolvency practitioners and ‘Big Four’ accountants on aspects of corporate and personal insolvency matters as well as individuals and companies who may be looking at defending actions and/or creditors and debtors generally.
His experience includes acting for insolvency practitioners, providing advice and assistance to businesses facing financial difficulties with cash flow and debt issues, directors in relation to their duties, individuals and landlords on all aspects of insolvency law.
As part of the firm’s national team, Ward Hadaway LLP’s insolvency practice in Newcastle is jointly led by Steven Petrie and Jane Garvin, which includes the debt unit, led by managing associate Vicki Alexander. The practice has also recently expanded its expertise to encompass secured recoveries and lender services work. Commercial debt recovery work makes up the bulk of the practice’s work, with notable expertise in the construction sector.
Ward Hadaway LLP’s ‘clear, direct and no-nonsense approach’ allows the full-service department to handle all aspects of insolvency work for all stakeholders in insolvencies (including directors, funders and creditors) and insolvency practitioners. The group also leverages the expertise of the firm’s debt collection practice and in-house creditor services team to assist with personal and corporate insolvencies at a contentious and non-contentious level. Jane Garvin heads up the insolvency unit and dispute resolution head Steven Petrie also contributes.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Newcastle
- Real estate > Commercial property: Newcastle
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Newcastle
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate tax
- Employment > Employment
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Energy
- Public sector > Health
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Licensing
- Insurance > Personal injury and clinical negligence: defendant
- Real estate > Planning and environment
- Real estate > Property litigation