Mr Martin McKeague > Walker Morris LLP > Leeds, England > Lawyer Profile
Walker Morris LLP Offices
33 Wellington Street
- Go to...
Mr Martin McKeague
Real Estate Litigation
Martin studied law at Nottingham University and subsequently trained at DLA Piper from where he joined Walker Morris upon qualification in 2000. He has over 10 years experience in all aspects of Property Litigation and specialises for the most part in Real Property and Commercial Landlord and Tenant work. He has a wealth of experience in contentious property matters acting in relation to both large scale disputes and general property management work.
In his time at Walker Morris he has built up a substantial practice and acts for a host of national retailers, commercial and residential developers and financial institutions.
He has a particular expertise in relation to dilapidations and forfeiture claims, rent review disputes, lease renewal proceedings, insolvency litigation concerning property and real property disputes relating to restrictive covenants and easements.
Walker Morris LLP represents clients in complex real estate litigation and provides support on portfolio-related disputes. Clients include national retailers and businesses, commercial and institutional landlords, and public sector bodies in the healthcare and education sectors. Recent work includes landlord and tenant issues, development disputes, land compensation and CPO claims, and residential lease forfeitures. Andrew Beck is now a consultant and has been replaced as practice head by Martin McKeague, who represents landlords, tenants, and insurers in a variety of cases. Malcolm Simpson specialises in development disputes.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Leeds, West Yorkshire, North Yorkshire
- Real estate > Commercial property: Leeds, West Yorkshire, North Yorkshire
- Real estate > Construction
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Leeds, West Yorkshire, North Yorkshire
- Corporate and commercial > EU and competition
- Public sector > Health
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- Public sector > Local government
- Real estate > Planning
- Insurance > Professional negligence: claimant
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Real estate > Social housing
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport
- Dispute resolution > Banking litigation
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate tax
- Public sector > Education
- Employment > Employment: Leeds and West Yorkshire; North Yorkshire
- Real estate > Environment
- Employment > Health and safety
- Projects, energy and natural resources (including PFI) > Infrastructure and energy
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Employment > Pensions
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property