Mr Martin McKeague > Walker Morris LLP > Leeds, England > Lawyer Profile
Walker Morris LLP Offices
33 Wellington Street
- Go to...
Mr Martin McKeague
Real Estate Litigation
Martin studied law at Nottingham University and subsequently trained at DLA Piper from where he joined Walker Morris upon qualification in 2000. He has over 10 years experience in all aspects of Property Litigation and specialises for the most part in Real Property and Commercial Landlord and Tenant work. He has a wealth of experience in contentious property matters acting in relation to both large scale disputes and general property management work.
In his time at Walker Morris he has built up a substantial practice and acts for a host of national retailers, commercial and residential developers and financial institutions.
He has a particular expertise in relation to dilapidations and forfeiture claims, rent review disputes, lease renewal proceedings, insolvency litigation concerning property and real property disputes relating to restrictive covenants and easements.
Yorkshire and the Humber > Real estate > Property litigation
Walker Morris LLP‘s client base encompasses national retailers and occupiers, landlords, public sector companies and energy sector clients. The group has a notable reputation for handling contentious matters relating to developments, particularly housebuilding work. Other areas of expertise include portfolio management issues, contentious disposals and acquisitions, residential lease forfeitures and enfranchisements; the team is also growing its contentious defective title insurance work. Andrew Beck and Martin McKeague jointly lead the department, Malcolm Simpson focuses on developer clients and Karl Anders handles residential landlord and tenant matters.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Dispute resolution > Banking litigation
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Leeds and West Yorkshire; North Yorkshire
- Real estate > Commercial property: Leeds and West Yorkshire; North Yorkshire
- Real estate > Construction
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Leeds, West Yorkshire, North Yorkshire
- Corporate and commercial > EU and competition
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- Public sector > Local government
- Human resources > Pensions
- Real estate > Planning
- Insurance > Professional negligence: claimant
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Real estate > Social housing
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate tax
- Public sector > Education
- Human resources > Employment: Leeds and West Yorkshire; North Yorkshire
- Projects, energy and natural resources (including PFI) > Energy
- Real estate > Environment
- Public sector > Health
- Human resources > Health and safety
- Projects, energy and natural resources (including PFI) > Infrastructure
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property